Facebook Advertising?

kevin8008

Anyone tried this? I think it would be good because of the large amount of people who you will get across to. Is it worth the 1-2 dollars to pay per click?

this type of advertising is really effective, but also depends on what kind of product/services are you offering.

Its really good to advertise in fb. Its not worth to try pay per click for fb but give a try for liking fb fan page. Its good for brand building and must be used that way and if you wish for pay per click then google is the best.

I was checking fb advertising and found few strange things

1) if you own a fb page and start to create adverting for a page you will always get higher price for that
2) If you don't own a page and create advertising campaign then you will be charged less.
3) If you make a campaign from a country where currency value is less compared to dollar (like India) then you can run a campaign for a very low cost and that can cost you cents.

How I got 30$ or 1500 INR fb coupon:

Make a campaign and proceed to payment page. Without doing payment just return back. You will see they will mail you fb advert coupon. As an Indian account I have already verified that

There are many other things which you can try and ask your friends to try from different part of world and share here what price fluctuation they see in advert.

Tried it myself, plenty of traffic not much real business.

I don't think it is really worth it.

Publishing ads on FB is quite cheaper, anyone can make ads live on FB quickly. The problem I have noticed with FB ad's is that the traffic is not very targeted. Even if the ad campaign on FB gets good CTR the conversion remains very poor.

Advertising on large online networks and media portals such as the Facebook can be one smart move, provided that you know exactly for what purposes you are investing in your internet marketing campaigns. For instance, for a newly set up hosting business, using the option may not seem that great because nearly most clicks will be made on ads just to pay a visit to your homepage and they're gone.

The better and more fruitful option could be placing your links and ads on portals, directories, forums and blogs which are highly relevant to the hosting industry, this way, clicks made on links will be done by potential customers and through doing this, you could experience your first sales even if your business is brand new. Besides, such advertising type can be affordable too.

1) if you own a fb page and start to create adverting for a page you will always get higher price for that
2) If you don't own a page and create advertising campaign then you will be charged less.

It's strange! Thanks for the info so I won't wasting money on FB adds.

I am still undecided on the value of Facebook advertising. I was just reading about a study by the Advertising Research Foundation in New York City, they tested a blank ad on Facebook whose click-thru rate performed only .01% less well than regular Facebook ads. I also have read a few articles about companies claiming as much as 80% click fraud with Facebook - where click-thrus don't actually lead to the advertiser's website.

I used LinkedIn ads in a previous life, and have to say I was pretty unimpressed. The clicks are very expensive compared to Google (or at least were a couple of years ago) and very little came from them.

Advertisement on social networking sites is just one big gamble after another. You couldn't predict how much return you will receive. Last time when we ran a campaign on Linkedin we'd received a good amount of worthless traffic.

So in my personal opinion Google Adwords campaign is much beneficial than FaceBook Ads, because FB is a place where people like to announce their problems or like to show their terrible pics.

You couldn't predict how much return you will receive.

this is the same with any marketing campaigns, not just social networking ads.

do you think when a company like Coca Cola spends $20,000 + on a magazine ad campaign they will know exactly how much return they will get from that 1 ad campaign as we all know the brand and will purchase their drinks with or without the ad campaign.

Worthless for me, even Adwords is not good..

I spend my 50% earnings on this sites and get only 2 customers... (1 of open chargeback..)

So in my personal opinion Google Adwords campaign is much beneficial than FaceBook Ads, because FB is a place where people like to announce their problems or like to show their terrible pics.

Precisely the problem with advertising in social media is that people do not go to Facebook to find or look for stuff they need. They go to socialize. If people need something, they go to Google.