Fantastico or cpanel's new auto installer

I dont think it will make fantastico redundant - but should encourage fantastico to improve. We have a mixture of cpskins installer and fantastico adn clients seem to prefer cpskins - the software is more useful than fantastico.

I would rather use Fantastico than cpanels installation suite. In fact, we have it turned off in cPanel. Cpanel ='s take's too long to get updates that close security issues.

Who thinks cpanel's new auto installer will make fantastico not needed anymore?

Wrong cPanel will not keep the scripts updated. One of the things about Fantastico is it will always be up to date. I disabled the cPanel scripts as I remember when Ensim had a script installer and then all of a sudden they did not keep it updated. Same goes with cPanel.

Wrong cPanel will not keep the scripts updated. One of the things about Fantastico is it will always be up to date. I disabled the cPanel scripts as I remember when Ensim had a script installer and then all of a sudden they did not keep it updated. Same goes with cPanel.
neither will keep previous installs up to date with security patches - only new installs ... admittedly fantastico will do some updates - but not everything.

neither will keep previous installs up to date with security patches - only new installs ... admittedly fantastico will do some updates - but not everything.

Yes but Fantastico will work harder than most when it comes to upgrades. It all depends on the upgrade as stated on their forums. If it is a minor change they usually wait from what I was reading.

Plus they have such a cute kid that everyone gets to watch grow up on thier website.:D

Yes but Fantastico will work harder than most when it comes to upgrades. It all depends on the upgrade as stated on their forums. If it is a minor change they usually wait from what I was reading.

Plus they have such a cute kid that everyone gets to watch grow up on thier website.:D

Maybe we should all add a picture of there kid on our sites to make sure we keep our customers over the years :)

Like cPanel, cPanel addons has a lot of bugs, which put some people off. I just use Fantastico though, I find it a nicer system to use, and my customers profer it.

cPanel has received some criticism for releasing it- some hosts on the cPanel forums think they are spreading themselves too thin, since cPanel software is full of bugs and upgrades take a long time to come out.