favorite programming language? Why?

whmcsguru

This one's always a fun topic, and will always launch some opinion based discussions. Just remember to keep it civil? :)

What's your favorite language to work with? Least? Why?

My own preference:
I spent the good part of a decade with C from high school till just shy of 2002. From MUD's to BBS'es (yes, I'm that old ;)) , I had a blast.

When it came time to start working on web stuff, I naturally migrated over to PHP. My first php based site was a php-nuke sit tying into a MUD codebase I was developing, probably around 2000'ish.

Since then, it's been all PHP for me. Why? Functions, functions, functions and functions. I never did grasp the concept of OOP, though I use it here and there, having spent far too long working with the C based systems which, well, you guessed it... functions, functions, functions.

Worst favorite? A tossup between perl and Java. Perl, probably because of the massive permissions issues there. Java, because it's never, ever worked properly for me. That and it's dying out on the web side anyways (thank God!)

What's yours?

PHP for website coding, and bash for scripting (though I use perl a good deal if alot of text parsing is required).

In my search to the ultimate toolset of my needs I learned a lot of languages but there are only two that I keep using. PHP and javascript/AJAX.

I recently started using Laravel a PHP framework and AngularJS, those two combined provide unlimited possibilities in terms of web development.

Hello,

My preference : PHP

Why ? : because I feel there are tons of helper functions making any tasks simpler and easy. It is basically simpler to use allowing you to develop website quickly and with a ease.
PHP is interpreted language, and its object oriented programming support is fast and quick. I guess it is the most used language in the world.

I only know basic HTML and CSS
Neither of which are programming languages. They're markup languages, but not programming.

A programming language is far more in depth than 'hey, I want to decorate this text' which is exactly what a markup langage (ie: html and css) do. They're simplistic to say the least

Perl is awesome. I learned it before php was popular. Now I have a hard time with php. Its seems to be similar and very different at the same time.

I like PHP
Because is quite easy to learn,have a lot of stuf function claseses that make you to code more easy.
Is true that whit php rigorous and when codding.and this why come unexpected errors when develop a application.
I olso like JAVA,CSS,JAVASCRIPT
They are perfect programing language for web developers.