Favorite Web Design Software

lpelham

Anyone here use dreamweaver? Why would you recommend it? If you don't use dreamweaver, what do you use? I recently downloaded a trial of it, but it looks complicated and I am considering Frontpage instead.

Libby

Frontpage is good for people who are new to the web because of its simplicity and easy user interface. For a WYSIWYG Macromedia Dreamweaver is by far the best. Dreamweaver is all of the advanced CSS support, and it can produce very clean coding. Dreamweaver is most likely to create a solid, cross-browser compatible site.

Thanks Etech-Peter. I guess I am just being lazy in wanting to use FrontPage. I know it, but would have to learn DreamWeaver and it seems a little intimidating!

Libby

i used to use Frontpage but soon realized that the sites that i coded using Frontpage were mostly compatible with only IE... Dreamweaver is your best bet for its a powerful and like Peter said "Dreamweaver is all of the advanced CSS support, and it can produce very clean coding. Dreamweaver is most likely to create a solid, cross-browser compatible site."

Frontpage although is a alot easier to use but instead of wasting your time learning to use Frontpage you might as well learn Dreamweaver instead and youll prosper geater from it...

Frontpage! I love it, I have been using it since 2002 ( when i started designing) and it works awsome with my templates. I love other html editors though, but frontpage always stays the best option for me.

learn and use dreamwever if you want make good pages. First of all try to edit some sites then you can learn it easily. I am in the first step now :) Editing templates.

I use Photoshop 5.0 with all addons. Addons give me more professional looking graphics and most importantly comprasion capabilities is very good which means faster graphics on web.

I would recommend you learned dreamweaver as apposed to frontpage for many reasons including:

Advanced features
Coding Support
XHTML - Support
Project creation
FTP
there a thousand more but they are the ones I could think of.

dreamweaver is the best

I am currently attending college with the major in web administration and have taken several design courses. Dreamweaver is recommended above all others and Frontpage is actually the worst design software out there. Every professor I have had refuses to let you use Frontpage. Frontpage creates very messy code and does not work on most browsers. Dreamweaver is not that complicated to use, it just looks overwhelming at first. Get you a good book on Dreamweaver, there are lots out there and dig in. It will only take a month or so for you to be able to use dreamweaver effectively. You will not regret it.

I prefer mostly Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw. If I need speed, I use Paint Shop Pro, and for quality and professionalism I use Corel Draw versions. Lately I use also Adobe Photoshop versions with KPT supported Addons. Nice program.