Feedback needed on Resellerpanel.com

IronMan

Hello Guys,

I have just become a Reseller of Resellerpanel.com, Can anyone give a feedback on them about their support and reliability.

I want third party opinions before I really place some serious business with them.

Thanks

Here are a few quotes I was able to find around the internet:

"If you mean resellerpanel.com, i've heard from a couple of people who have tried them out. You should note that your customers can only pay annually, even though all the promotion stuff you're given says x amount a month, from what i remember your customers don't realise they can only pay for a whole year untill the end of the signup process when they come to pay. ;\"
-Loon at WHT

"I tried it and in the end just dropped using it.I had about 9 customers that were going to signup so they emailed me asking about if there able to get a refund (for the rest of the months they had left in there one year term) in case they ever want to switch hosts.Well after reading there Terms and Conditions i found out you cant so i thought it might not be something to promote since most people wont sign up for it."
-Bling Bling at WHT

"I use resellerpanel, and it appears ok. Apparently, there are some folks that don't like it, but I'm not sure why (and I would very much like to find out). The plans look competitive, so I signed up as a reseller, then 'sold' myself an account to check them out. So far, I haven't had any problems with them except that the connection appears to sometimes be slow (I got some timeouts when I tried to host some pictures for my wife's eBay business). I'm guessing that they are severely oversubscribed on bandwidth.

The support group really does answer queries in about 10-15 minutes, and they seem to know what they are doing. I have been able to set up mySQL and run some PHP4 stuff with minimal setup problems.

Downside is that the folks who wrote the instructions for using the site don't appear to speak English as their first language, which leads to some strange wording in their FAQ.

Overall, the price is right (free), but I am a little concerned about quality of service, and about the host remaining in business. I see from the posts here that they have been around for over a year, so maybe they will make it...

I also use a 2nd reseller (see http://www.Texas-Domains.com), for which I pay $100/year. The problem is that resellerpanel is not very flexible in the way it handles domain registration. For instance, they can't (or won't) do domain transfers, which Texas-Domains will do with no problem. Resellerpanel also does not do domain masking. So, for my use, I register domains for my clients at Texas-Domains, and set up the hosting at ProCountInc.com (my resellerpanel account). So far, my clients have needed only 'brochure' sites, so I have just used some of my free subdomains to host them, which definitely increases my profit!"
-hlh_nospam At HostHideOut

Let me put it this way:

"You need to spend money to make money.

I did sign up with their plan to play around with it about a year ago. You don't really get any control."
-webmultitude at HostHideOut

Also I noticed you posted your experience with them here?

http://www.hosthideout.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7061&highlight=resellerspanel.com

Was it their support or their sales that responded quickly? You seemed to answer your question on that thread :smash:

Hello Orbit,

I must say a huge thank you for givin me that kind of feedback (its just wow).

The other thread which you mention about.....I had posted abt them after receiving prompt replies to my initial Reseller queires. I do find them to be the best programm available after hell lot of searches on google.

I wanted to get into hosting business and focus on marketing without much cost and support hassle. After going through their site, I really liked their prices, value addition stuffs and support interface.

After signing up with them and setting up myself as their Reseller. And now that I have some business for them,I realized that I really need some good third party opinions before I part my money with them.

It could be scary to know that you are doing business with a principal who is a continents away and all your clients happen to be local. what if they shut down after recieving the money, or do a 90 degree turn around on their support claims. My local customers will be after my back.

So though I do find Resellerpanel to be good, I still needed the feedback about them before I put my money with them.

Wht wud be your personal opinion about them? if you have any.

Thanks so much.

Personally,
I wouldn't allow others to do the support tickets for me. I would much rather have a sort of control on support and do marketing at the same time (that's how many of us do start). Once a customer gets settled you will hardly recieve the support tickets. Usually a client submits 1-2 tickets at the begining and that is all I hear from them over here. Personally it's the quality of service that you should be worried about. Uptime reports are very good to let your customers see on the servers. This way they can see your history and allow them to make a judgement if you truly are offering 99.9% uptime. Remember even though companies do offer 99.9% uptime guarentees, the ToS usually protects them in almost any way, shape or form from refunding the money unless you are an honest business who does acknowledge downtime(Hence why I personally don't do/believe in uptime guarentees but let customers judge it for themselves by viewing our history of uptime reports). Another thing that I do not like is the generic look you will have. I visited a few sites of resellerpanel and they all looked the same pretty much. Also customers are aware of resellerpanel and there is a probability that a lot have left (if they get customers in bulk then there is a higher probability of customers leaving) and those who have left may know right away that you are a resellerpanel reseller and not wish to do business with you. You will also be offering 2? plans. What if those customers decide they wish to expand? You cannot give them the option of expanding unfortunetly. You should always think about expanding for the future so you do not encounter those growing pains and take your customers on that ride.

Personally I think you can do this by yourself and achieve a much better outcome for your company in the future if you decide to do support. It will give you knowledge and experience for the future's sake of your business. I hope that you do take this into consideration.

That's my $.02

Thanks again for your reply,

Actually I am not looking at business coming thru the net way. my business will be more of local sourced out offline by myself. So I am not really banking on online traffic. and I found Resellerpanel to be the only hosting providers who provide the entire webset to start the business.

And tell you what, I am really poor in support, I dont have any support infrastructure at present and did want to outsource it.

Maybe when my business starts rolling then I will graduate from Resellerpanel to some good quality host. Actually I had planned to take up a server with Server4you.com but then stalled it, thought first to get my feet wet in the business and found Resellerpanel to be a good option.

My only worry is that they should sustain in the business. And should not turn out to be a scamster.

I wanted to get into hosting business and focus on marketing without much cost and support hassle. After going through their site, I really liked their prices, value addition stuffs and support interface.

You might not need to be in this business then. In all honesty if you've set out to start a good hosting company, you're going to have to do a good bit of work. Granted you can start out with reseller programs that are cheaper, but many of the type programs you're reffering to have their problems. In all honesty I don't like to place my support in the hands of others, you're ultimately responsible for the job they do. In this case they're payed by you and others so they could care less about the client - all they want is the day's pay.

IMHO you might want to take a look at getting on as a Sales Rep with a company. There are many out there looking for Reps and you can make just as much as you will with your current reseller setup. Find a good, solid company to work for and you'll do fine.

I like your straight talk.

Well to be frank, I am in love with the hosting segment. And presently for me its like one man show. The reason I got in to privatelabel reseller program is to 1)get my feet wet. 2) understand firsthand about hosting business (though I work for a major hosting company) 3) earn profits on immediate customers 4) save on support.

Reseller program is something I am starting with then graduate to my own servers or other good reseller programs. As a sales rep I will always be a sales rep or an employee.

Here I am thinking of growing my hosting business and turn out to be the best hosting company in India. I think as a smart hosting reseller, I can work out good differentiation and value addition to the local customers here.

Lot of customers here want to deal with a Local provider rather than someone sitting miles away.

With all due respect, having someone else handling all of the customer interaction and server management won't give you a chance to learn the business at all.
I would suggest you either go with an affiliate program or find yourself a partner who is strong on customer service and get a reseller account. With a true reseller account you will be more hands on and will learn far more about the business.