FIFA World Cup 2010

Tin

Anyone keeping a close eye?

Today's match with the Swiss and Spain... embarrassing! The Germans look to be the team so far.

Oh yes, watching it religiously.

While I cheer for England, I was a bit disappointed with their performance. Green's error costing the winning points for England creates a huge confidence gap for the team.

I was inspired by Germany for sure (the quality of their passing, movement and attack is amazing), and saw a bit of Chili today - very very good team, playing with a lot of passion.

North Korea in defense is quite remarkable. Its just interesting to watch them perform.

Watching and recording :) England played sloppy and the US takes the tie as a result. We'll see what happens tomorrow with their two games. Spain, awful, and I had them picked to win it. Brazil I had hopes for and will be interesting against Ivory Coast. Argentina with the first Hat Trick - WOW. Germany and Serbia I'm guessing will be lots of Yellow Cards. Both are agressive, so it should be a good game.

The offence in general however seems to be fairly slow in this World Cup. It could be that it's the first game and people are taking it easy, but it's like many of the teams are cocky and figure they'll just walk on through to the next round rather than starting out with fire in their shoes.

We'll see how the remainder of this week turns out. I'm still holding on for Spain (since they took the European Cup) but we'll see.

Can't believe Germany was beaten today.

Really looking forward to England match! Fingers crossed.

US and Slovenia was just awful.
While the US was outplayed to some extent in the early part of the game they did enough to tie the game and even win the game had it not been for a terrible job of officiating in the last 15 minutes.

The United States team was playing classic football and I enjoyed watching them. I think they will qualify and can even get to quarter finals, if not semi final of the tournament.

If anyone was a disappointment today, it was England. What a poor performance!

The United States team was playing classic football and I enjoyed watching them. I think they will qualify and can even get to quarter finals, if not semi final of the tournament.

If anyone was a disappointment today, it was England. What a poor performance!

Yeah, US definitely has a shot at going to semi's. Yeah today was really a disappointment from England and Germany alike.

Can't wait for tomorrow's games!

Well the results are in - the US and England move forward. The two games were played at the same time, so I had TWO tv's going while watching the games. Again bad calls got the better of the US, but with a VERY LATE goal, they not only move forward, but take 1st in their division. This is the first time they've won their group since the world cup started in 1930.

England - well, they got in. Scored a solid goal and held on to it, although again, their play was awful and rightfully they had a few close calls that would have sent them packing. Hopefully they step up their game for the top 16.

I enjoyed the Brazil and Ivory Coast game, but true colors came out in the last 10 minutes of the match with yellows, a red and some very poor sportsmanship. Bad call from the ref on the yellow/red, but even a worse performance from the DIVE of the other player. That's football! :)

Looking forward to the next meet, and I'm really looking forward to Argentina and their play. They've always been known as a great team (Maradona had his hand in that!), but their last two games have been spot on, and I look forward to their next match.

The favorites to win are no longer the favorites - it's really anyones game at this point!

I'm rooting for Germany as usual :) Wouldn't mind if the US won though.

Certainly looking forward the the Portugal vs. Brazil game tomorrow -- especially after what happened to North Korea.

There were some pretty unexpected results so far. I was cheering for Serbia but they were a big disappointment. After outplaying Germany they couldn't beat Australia. Nonsense...

I guess Serbian team doesn't have the necessary drive to catch up when they need to. But they have apparent quality which they showed against Germany. Such a waste...

Now that England is out, I will be rooting for Brazil.

A disallowed goal (and not just against England, against USA as well) is an embarrassment for the tournament.

Not to mention the offside goal that Argentina scored.

There is no excuse for not having video replay on goals and offsides in international matches.

One blown call on a goal can have huge consequences.

The game against England wasn't completely fair but I'll still be cheering on Germany. Although I seriously doubt they can beat Argentina. We'll see.

Yipes, the officiating has been atrocious. I'm not a huge fan of instant replay, but this tournament needs it badly.

Watching and recording :) England played sloppy and the US takes the tie as a result. We'll see what happens tomorrow with their two games. Spain, awful, and I had them picked to win it. Brazil I had hopes for and will be interesting against Ivory Coast. Argentina with the first Hat Trick - WOW. Germany and Serbia I'm guessing will be lots of Yellow Cards. Both are agressive, so it should be a good game.

The offence in general however seems to be fairly slow in this World Cup. It could be that it's the first game and people are taking it easy, but it's like many of the teams are cocky and figure they'll just walk on through to the next round rather than starting out with fire in their shoes.

We'll see how the remainder of this week turns out. I'm still holding on for Spain (since they took the European Cup) but we'll see.

Looks like Spain may still win it all. Good call. :D