Finding a great web hosting deal

webhostingrebat

Just wanted to see how some of you find good deals on web hosting. I have included a poll with this thread to see if anyone has used any of these methods to find a web hosting deal.

Here are the methods that I have found to find some pretty good web hosting deals:

1. Search for deals - Just go to Google (or any search engine) and search for "web hosting rebates", "web hosting deals", and "web hosting coupons". Then you just need to select one of the deals with a web host that offers the features that you need.

2. Search for deals for a specific web host - If you have already selected your web host, then search for "webhost rebate", "webhost deal", and "webhost coupon". Just make sure that you do this before you sign up to take advantage of these deals.

3. Browse offers in hosting forums - The offers sections of many web hosting forums have lots of hosts offer some nice deals.

Note: Obviously after you find a deal, you should always do a little research on any host that you select. Because if your selected web host has bad service or poor feature it doesn't matter how good the deal is.

I do it the opposite way.
I look for a top quality host first, and then if they happen to be offering a deal I will take it, but the deal is the least of my concerns.

Blue said:
I do it the opposite way.
I look for a top quality host first, and then if they happen to be offering a deal I will take it, but the deal is the least of my concerns.

That is also what I do, I care for quality more than price, if its a good web host, I will pay the money.

Thats like getting what you payed for, you pay 400$ for a car, its probable that it wont last that long.

All hosting is the same, just as long they have good uptime and fast server you should be fine! Smaller webhosting companies tend to give better support over big companies which take hours to respond.

Everything is build the same, just like cars... They get you from point A to point B...

TorrentHost said:
All hosting is the same, just as long they have good uptime and fast server you should be fine! Smaller webhosting companies tend to give better support over big companies which take hours to respond.
I beg to differ on every point made.

Not all hosting companies are the same.
Smaller companies are not necessarily faster and do not necessarily provide better support than big ones.
There is an abundance of examples.

As far as the poll goes - I think you really should have made possible multiple answers. I do search for deals, but I also search forums and ask friends around.

Best,

Hello,

Webhosting is a huge market. You need to search the deals for hosting your site. There are many who provides good hosing. Search for those hosting companies that has got a good support team, so that they can offer you better service.

Thank you.

Regards,

It might be bit tricky to select a hosting based on a deal alone. Better to shortlist few hosts first based on reviews / feedbacks and look for a deal.

I look for quality as well. When I'm looking for an online provider - particularly in the hosting industry, I want quality first then I look for the better deals on my short list of quality providers.

I find that a "deal" is only as good as the provider.

If the host doesn't provide quality service, then what good is a deal?

Find a quality host first. Research the host. If your research shows that the host is a quality provider, and you have avoided a kiddie host.....then you just got a good deal, regardless of price.

After I choose some deals from hosting forums then usually I search in Google for that providers by adding word: SUCK.

Sorry, but most of unsatisfy customers will post their opinions by adding this word.

After I choose some deals from hosting forums then usually I search in Google for that providers by adding word: SUCK.
There's negative feedback to be found about most hosts over a certain size. Looking just for it will lead to an unbalanced final impression.

I'd say a combination of these. First, hearing somebody's experience at forums, then searching in the net and comparing different offers. But I don't think this poll to be objective. What percentage of people needing or using hosting visit forums?

As for me I prefer to read all feedbacks on the forums and then make search in Google. Sometimes I ask my partners.