FireFox 1.5

RaviAgarwal

So many Firefox fans and no discussion on it, Anyway I will not let this happen :pirate:

Just installed Firefox 1.5 4 days ago and I can see the difference. It is much better and fast too. Would like to hear other responses :thumbsup:

Firefox 1.5 is here : http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

RaviAgarwal said:
Would like to hear other responses :thumbsup:
Why don't Firefox first make an application that will display pages the way they were meant to be displayed first to even be a candidate in my mind. :rolleyes2:

Internet Explorer all the way! :thumbsup:

But you can download FireFox, then download a plugin so that you can make the program display pages like IE displays them. Why not just use IE?

OH THAT'S RIGHT! FireFox users need a browser that lets them surf the Internet semi-brainlessly. Disable ALL the interactivity since users are too STUPID and LAZY to take the whole 5 minutes to learn what to click, accept, download, and install - and what NOT to click, accept, download, and install.

Seriously - I've run my current XP build for over a year now. I haven't done Windows Updates, I don't have any AV software, and no anti-spyware software installed on my machine, and NO problems. None. Why? I don't do the above, "Click, accept, download, install" routine that most users do.

/rant.

Eh, FireFox still does the job for me. Nothing against IE though. :)

Disable ALL the interactivity since users are too STUPID and LAZY to take the whole 5 minutes to learn what to click, accept, download, and install - and what NOT to click, accept, download, and install.
I had to teach my mother these past weeks a thing or two on how to send an email. Believe me, she's in no position to determine what can harm her computer etc. Different users, different needs, different approaches to safety? :)

Last edited:
I mean, don't get me wrong, I have 1.0.7 installed on my system...but IE is the default browser.

Artashes said:
Why don't Firefox first make an application that will display pages the way they were meant to be displayed first to even be a candidate in my mind. :rolleyes2:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Firefox! :crash:

Dan,
You gotta understand that the users I deal with on a daily basis are the kind that don't realize they have to have the power cord plugged in on their laptop. But, they all use IE...and only a few have problems with popups because of clicking "Yes" to everything. Whereas we've always told them, just click "No" to everything.

Well, that just totally sucks. I just clicked to download 1.5 since I still only had 1.0 on my computer. After running the install. I am no longer able to open a Fx browser. I just get the hourglass icon for a second, then it goes away. So I completely uninstalled, then reinstalled. Still nothing. :(

Vito

vito said:
Well, that just totally sucks. I just clicked to download 1.5 since I still only had 1.0 on my computer. After running the install. I am no longer able to open a Fx browser. I just get the hourglass icon for a second, then it goes away. So I completely uninstalled, then reinstalled. Still nothing. :(
Vito
That's strange. I did downloaded the fx 1.5 and clicked on setup. It asked me to close all copies of currently running fx browser, I did and wow.. what a quick and perfect install.

I find it less annoying, when your requested page is not found. And if asks for `install` then `location` then I think it is verifing the action with you. It is a feature I like most.

Maybe you can say I am used to multi-window browser working :pirate:

The new IE has that although loading up the tabs takes a tremendous amount of time. Although I do agree with Art in regards to pages sometimes loading improperly with FireFox. But it's a give and take and pretty much for me the pluses of firefox outweigh IE.

I know Art was just thinking...."It's just a matter of time before Mark gives his 2 cents here."

First and foremost, I find firefox to be much like CSS only layouts.....a trend.

The majority of the Internet uses Internet Explorer. Whether it be due to preference, or due to the fact it came default with their machine, or due to the fact that they don't know how to kill their hard drive by downloading 30 different browsers, it's fact that the majority is IE users.

Most of the time you'll find that those using FF, Opera, Safari, etc, are those whom are developers.

I actually find Firefox much slower than IE. For me, IE loads instantly, and due to DSL, pages load fast.

Again, it's much like pure css layouts. Yes, after you get past the initial hurdle of loading everything at once (which Firefox does upon starting it up....plugins....addons....other libraries, etc), everything else runs faster.

The fact is Firefox cannot even understand some of the most basic of html, and css.

Other use the argument that people are irritated because they are too lazy to make sure they follow html,css, etc standards.

Well, you'll have to pardon me if I find my website an expression of creativity. After all, that is why it's called website "design." The last time I checked....no one had the authority to put rules and limits on someone's creativity.

Yet, time and time again you find "designers", and developers boasting about these underdeveloped browsers, because they love the limitations it places on their creativity.

The last time I checked....nothing new ever came out of following someone else's standards.

Last edited: