Free Alternative to ModernBill?

Hi guys,

I just had a trial of modernbill, does anyone know of a free alternative?

There isn't a free decent alternative to ModernBill.

To get the best of the best you have to pay ;)
Using something such as Clientexec which is much cheaper than modernbill may do you justice but if you want a good billing system then you will have to pay.

Without a reliable billing system, you won't have any money to grow. Proper billing and security of client information has to be a top priority.

Consider paying for leased licenses of Lpanel (http://www.lpanel.net) - you want your billing system to be stable and up-to-date as it's the heart of your business (and the system by which you make your money).

Roj

Going for a free billing script is as bad as putting your customer websites on a PII box. C'mon, invest a little and you'll see a better return on your investment. Taking shortcuts right from the beginning is probably the worst thing you can do for your customers.

Now if you don't want to pay for the license upfront, you may want to consider their leased version:

V5 Recurring License 1000 1000 Unlimited $24.95/month
V5 Recurring License 2500 2500 Unlimited $49.95/month

Now I might be way off base here and make the wrong assumption, for that I apologize ahead of time if I misunderstood your post.

I agree that a potential client does look at all aspect including your billing system. A good billing system like Modernbill will show your customers that you willing to invest in your company and also present a presence that their information, billing, and so on will be handled by a respectable system.

Another advantage of going with a system like Modernbill instead of a free billing system is the amount of extra features that will come in handy. Also the automation that you can get with this system will save you lots of time and work that could be used for other things.

Like they say "It takes money to make money".

lnxcode said:
There are tons PHPCoin maybe might work for you? But MB rocks!
None compare to good paid scripts such as modernbill. I think the OP would be better off looking for cheaper options as opposed to free ones.

gearworx said:
V5 Recurring License 1000 1000 Unlimited $24.95/month
V5 Recurring License 2500 2500 Unlimited $49.95/month

Avoid V5! It's far from ready, as you can see on their own community forums.

I recommend V4.

You can also try reseller hosting providers that offer free client billing software. ;)

There are hosts that offer Modernbill, ClientExec, WHMCS, and more...do a search for them and you will find them :)

I switched from clientexec to WHMCS and let me say, I am glad I did so.

2 Things:

1. WHMCS is much cheaper.
2. WHMCS has more features, and it is very user friendly and easy to use.

It also has an external support system which is a huge plus.

.amaZe said:
I switched from clientexec to WHMCS and let me say, I am glad I did so.

2 Things:

1. WHMCS is much cheaper.
2. WHMCS has more features, and it is very user friendly and easy to use.

It also has an external support system which is a huge plus.

I agree with your second argument, but as far as billing software goes I don't think money matters.