free hosting

Personally I don't like free hosting and just use it for practise purpose, actually you get lots of limitation because of the free. you may refer to some free hosting forum for such information.

cpios,

I might be able to help you out bud. Just let me know what type of site it is and how much space and bandwidth it will need.

Thanks,

Logan Falletta

Hello cpios,

Welcome to Hosting Discussion!

Personally I do not like free hosting. They limit absolutely everything you can do and support is usually non-existent. Shared hosting is so cheap now, there is no reason to go the free route if you want all the bells and whistles.

Very rarely will you find a company that will offer a free service with no strings attached. But, I'm willing to offer that to him for a year depending on what the site will be used for. I'm feeling very "Generous" today :)

Very rarely will you find a company that will offer a free service with no strings attached. But, I'm willing to offer that to him for a year depending on what the site will be used for. I'm feeling very "Generous" today :)

Thats very nice of you Aim2Colo.. :)

If your just trying to gain some general knowledge about free hosting providers, as they say "You get what you pay for", but there are plenty of free hosting providers that will host your website. In return they will display different types of advertisiment banners on your website, which can be very tacky.

Google will be your best friend in this matter :)

I don't believe in free hosting because it provides very limited hosting support and features. And there are many chances of getting the site shut. So its better to go for paid hosting rather going to free hosting and ending up resulting to your own loss.

I don't believe in free hosting because it provides very limited hosting support and features. And there are many chances of getting the site shut. So its better to go for paid hosting rather going to free hosting and ending up resulting to your own loss.

I agree with you.

It would depend on how much the user values their website. Having the security and stability of your website for only (in most cases) a few bucks a month, can take your website to a whole another level of services.

From a consumer's point of view, free hosting is great if you have never handled a hosting account before and are not sure what to expect, just don't rely on it for hosting a website that is important to you.. Period. From a provider's point of view, it's a nightmare.. I don't even know why some companies still offer free hosting in this day and age. The cons definitely out-weight the pros (IMHO).

I agree with you.

It would depend on how much the user values their website. Having the security and stability of your website for only (in most cases) a few bucks a month, can take your website to a whole another level of services.

Thats true. By spending some money you can actually take your website to a higher standards and you can earn more out of it. Free hosting will only lead to waste.

Hi,
No web firm provide professional hosting service without charging any cost. The company that pretends to offer free hosting are either fraud or offer hosting service with lot of limitations. So always be alert while choosing free hosting service.

Free hosting is a great concept, however as many other people have pointed out you do have to sacrifice service / reliability in order to get hosting for free. Shared hosting is a great alternative, there are also some VPS options out there for very competitive prices (sometimes even less expensive than shared hosting). Might be worth checking out some VPS options.

I believe that hosting companies that you have to pay for offer more support and services. Good luck.

I agree. They have a larger investment in keeping paying customers happy. All customers are important. But I just do not understand how companies offering FREE service stay in business.

When it comes to "free hosting," I hate to use clichés, but you absolutely get what you pay for, and there is no such thing as a free lunch.

More than likely with a free host, your site will be filled with ads that you would have no say in their placement and content. So if you just wanted a website to play around with, fine, free hosting would be adequate.

But if the site was representing your business, a paid host would be the more attractive option. Shared hosting is highly affordable these days, and the money you're spending is an investment in uptime and quality support.

free hosts that dont place ads all over your site will only giove a barebones plan

webspace (small)
bandwidth (small)
1 ftp
no email or 1 email
no cgi
no db

but more than likely a free host will be overselling servers, not bothered what they host, so you could end up without a site as the server is taken down as it gets used by spammers

Do you believe in free hosting?
If yes, what company is the best in that?

To be honest, yes, i believe in free hosting. I started my IM career with a free domain name (not the one which google deindexed) and free hosting. I made a decent money and with right kind of SEO my website even showed on top ten Google search pages.

But thats the end. You can make a littel money but if you are really serious about your business then i suggest go for a reliable paid hosting.

My experience with 'free' was good. If you give what people want and if make google happy with good content and good SEO then i don't think 'free' as a startup is not that bad idea.

I know a hosting company which provides you a free package and believe me my website never went down even once.