free of charge up to 2/1 ratio - fair enough?

yoni

does this looks fair enough
Incoming traffic is free of charge as long as the ratio of the outgoing/incoming does not exceed 2/1 ratio?

what do think?

thanks
Yoni

Well what exactly is it for? I second that

I'm Guessing her you probably get x amount of transit and its free because in most cases (not all) incoming will be significantly lower than outgoing.

You provider is getting billed @ 95% one way if the inbound becomes the higher amount they will get billed on that amount so giving away FREE transit inbound would not make very good financial sense.

This just sounds vary odd and does not make any sense as traffic is paid for usely for a 1:1 ration meaning TX and RX should be the same price all around.

AKA it does not matter but i would not go with a provider who has such strange TOS.

Just my £0.02.

It might be worth asking the host why this is. There might be a reason, or something that gets abused, which is "blocked" by this logic.
I can't really think of one off hand though.

does not make any sense as traffic is paid for usely for a 1:1 ration meaning TX and RX should be the same price all around
No that is not the way transit is billed your provider may bill you that way just to keep it simple. If you are being billed by the Mb one of the 2 methods below is the standard.

Transit is billed either at a flat fee for x amount Mbs dedicated port
or you have a burstable port @ 95% of in or out which ever is higher

I've seen bandwidth billed as a whole (in GB) as well as in 95% billing..

For me, I prefer being billed as a whole so I know my exact usage and can keep up with it.. however, with 95% I had a few overages that I could have avoided (by buying more bandwidth) but couldn't see the total % until the end of the billing cycle.