Free webhost

mtajim

Are free webhost worthy in todays context when you can get hosting for less than a dollar. Plus due to the invent of free blogging platform like blogger and wordpress.com . Do we require to use free hosts any more. Since blogger and wordpress can be used as whole website.

I am really not sure what you are saying. Webhosting for less than a dollar, ad free, where?

Blogers isn't really your own website. You can't have your own domain, structure, chats and forums, or all sorts of things. Websites work very differently to free blogs.

I think the cheapest web host that I have seen was about $9 per month. Perhaps less than a dollar is not really going to be offered.

okay I've seen plenty of the free hosts. but what about a free host that gives you your own domain name to go with it. do those exist?

No, you probably will not find this. I won't say it's impossible, but it's not really in the host's best interest to do. Think about it: what's to keep you from getting the free domain, and then moving it to another host? How does the free host recoup his/her costs?

You could recoup by putting some stipulations in the sign up agreement. They have to do so many months with you and I guess some other things.

On the other post. I signed up for hosting at way less than 9 dollars at godaddy. Now maybe I am confused and going to get a good messing on , but I am almost sure this is what I have signed up for, including a domain name for a year and two months economy host, it was 10.00 dollars and change. Does that sound right?

Free webhosting let you use your own domain name if you have one or you can buy a domain name through some of them and will allow you to use it, but they would display ads on your site, most of them that is. The cheapest host by a big company is Yahoo's for around $3 and there are others too, but they are small companies, maybe not reliable as Yahoo.

I don't think free hosts are going to fair well in the days to come as you said you can get hosting for extreemly cheap prices. I believe that free forum and blog hosts will be around for a long time still.

The latest development Yahoo has brought down hosting to $1.99 probably the cheapest around, but they don't give you free domain name. There are hosts that will charge you $3.00 and give you free domain name, but you have at least to stay for three month before you can go away with the domain name somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting