Friday the 13th

Nothing for me, usually same old same old staying in and having a laugh with some mates, probably watch a few films or something (Same as most fridays every now and then :))

I heard Hostile was good.

On a side note, I have 13 auctions on eBay that are ending today, the 13th. Go figure.

Better late than never I s'pose. We had 3 birthdays to celebrate - hubby, son and sister (who's daughter was born on the Friday, October 13th, same day as her uncles birthday, also a Friday 13).

Boredom while waiting for data to transfer from one server to another led me to look up some Friday the 13th lore.

First off the fear of Friday 13, is known as Paraskevidekatriaphobia. Which leads me to think that head shrinkers have too much time on their hands if they come up with a name like that.
The British Medical Journal did a study back in '93 and came to the conclusion that although fewer vehicles were on the road, more people were admitted to hospital for traffic injuries on Friday 13th.
Of course there are pages and pages of reasons out there as to why people think the 13th is bad luck. Do you believe so? If so why?

To me it's just another day.........

Well I know I'm a day late here.

However, I don't believe in luck. I believe you make your own "luck."

This also leads to why more bad things happen on Friday the 13th, because people already have a preconception that bad things will happen. The heightened anticipation of bad things happening on Friday the 13th, causes lack of concentration, leading to accidents..whether they be car accidents, or other accidents in general.

This of course only adds to the anticipation that Friday the 13th brings.

It is true that bad things happen on Friday the 13th.

But, bad things happen on the other 364 days of the year as well. ;)