Future brain

WebDT

Ok I was thinking you know your brain well there is a part which is the imagination for the dreams etc.. well just wondering do you think in the future there will be some sort of connector to that part of the brain to a computer to create our own dreams or buy a dream type thing. Maybe a matrix lol. But it sounds possible to me do you think anything like that will be out in my lifetime?

Uhh....no. I don't buy that stuff. I don't see any possibility of anything "plugging into your head" like that. I suppose it's possible to play with brain waves or something like that, but this sounds very farfetched. I also don't think that anybody cares enough to spend any type of money to research this.

Our brain does stuff that modern technology can't match. I would not expect to see this anytime soon. It's an interesting concept, but more research would need to be done on the human brain before anything like this is even remotely possible.

The market would be hugh for virtual sex dreams which feel real and interact with the body. I think if the brain was examined hard enough it could happen, if they found out how talk to the brain.

I don't believe they figured out how to "talk" with the brain. However, technology has allowed us to have our brains "talk" to computers. Our brain is too complex for people to try and "master" it and tell it what to do. At least for now.

If anything I'd just want a serial port - it'd be slow but while you sleep you could download maps for a trip, take spanish lessons and whatnot.

Possibility for this is slim to none - at least in my lifetime. And why would I want to have "virtual sex" dreams? As afore mentioned the down time could be better spent. Why would I want to wake up exhausted? :p

WebDT said:
Ok I was thinking you know your brain well there is a part which is the imagination for the dreams etc.. well just wondering do you think in the future there will be some sort of connector to that part of the brain to a computer to create our own dreams or buy a dream type thing. Maybe a matrix lol. But it sounds possible to me do you think anything like that will be out in my lifetime?
How old are you?