Getting Organic traffic

Huge? define that.

You don't want HUGE traffic, you want TARGETED traffic. You generally want people who are interested in your product/service, and are ready to purchase.

Content is the best method if you're going strictly organic.

To start with, there is a world of hard dedicated work and sweat between the words "huge" and "organic".

It would be nearly impossible to answer this in one, or even 100 posts, as it's a combination of a million and a half things.

Product/service category
Time in business
Competition
Demand

And these are just the basic things to start the conversation with. Techniques you may be using vary for each and every product/service.

For getting actual organic traffic you would need quality appealing content.
Also your website must be updated constantly, as it's pretty easy to get it ignored if it doesn't looks like it's an 'alive' site.

Put work into your search engine rankings, and keep creating new content to do with new trends. Blog posts often will help especially if they are about new events.

Thanks everyone who suggested content marketing. This seems like a great idea. I like to write, I feel that I know a lot and have a lot to say. Why wouldn't this work for me?

Where are good places to publish? I could start my own blog but if other publications have built-in, and perhaps targeted traffic, that would be the say to go.

Start with the basic FAQ and put that directly into your website. We generated thousands of visits per month due to our extensive Knowledgebase from inside WHMCS (or Kayako). When I say extensive, we had over 1,000 "how to" steps.

Every time a customer asked a question, if we felt it would be asked again, we wrote a how-to.

My advise, put the effort into your own site directly rather than on other websites.

This is good advice. I have spent a lot of money on both FB and Google ads and neither has helped bring in a single sale to my knowledge.

I need to look closer at my marketing segment and platforms I choose to use.

Red hit in on the head, google in general s moving towards personalisation for users, id rather have 50 users with 15 buying what i sell than 100 with 5 buying wht i sell. Whats more google will learn a 100 people are visiting this blog for query x and not buying into it that will start affecting any ranking you have where as if you had 15 buying out of 50 google would say well this is very relevant to query x lets increase its ranking. Point you need to know your audience and this is something that is repeated all over the internet and even in traditional marketing when guys start talking about creating customer profiles.

Start with the basic FAQ and put that directly into your website. We generated thousands of visits per month due to our extensive Knowledgebase from inside WHMCS (or Kayako). When I say extensive, we had over 1,000 "how to" steps.

Every time a customer asked a question, if we felt it would be asked again, we wrote a how-to.

My advise, put the effort into your own site directly rather than on other websites.

This is the best method I have noticed and most large companies follows this method.
As large as your FAQ database is the more chance you have to gain the visitor trust as by looking to large FAQ database visitor get perspective that you have almost all answers for the issue regarding your product/services which turns your visitor into your client.

A lot of people set up a website, then just hope they’re going to get enough website traffic. And that’s not a strategy at all.

These days, just setting up a website isn’t enough. There needs to be an ongoing push towards creating a digital marketing strategy.

You must provide new, engaging, and thoughtful information on a regular basis.

Value a visitor gets from you will turn your site into traffic magnet and every one will be there. Work for quality and aim at quantity this what I can say.