Getting Zamfoo to auto setup with WHMCS

NobleCloud

Hey guys,

Just thought you might like to learn a small tip here. ;)

After testing creating Zamfoo packages with WHMCS over and over again but constantly receiving an "Automatic Setup Failed" email from the WHMCS system, I decided to investigate a little bit further.

And I found this...

A message which said something like this (I can't remember EXACTLY what it said word-for-word): "Automatic setup failed because WHMCS tried to apply reseller priviliges to a package already with such privileges". Anyway, this message was confusing, because reseller privileges had not been applied. :confused:

Anyway, I sat down and thought for a minute.
Hang on a minute, I said! WHMCS is trying to set up reseller privileges twice. Basically you're trying to setup a Master/Alpha reseller package.

So you set it up as a Reseller account in WHMCS and add the package you created to the Zamfoo auto grant feature. The end result is that WHMCS is setting up a "reseller" account but Zamfoo is also setting up a "reseller" account as you AUTO GRANTED, so to speak, that package master/alpha reseller privileges.

In short, the system crashed as it's trying to set up a reseller package TWICE. Yes! I know this sounds nonsensical! That's what I thought! Unfortunately, though, it's true! :confused:

Anyway, the solution...

Set up the package as a STANDARD HOSTING package in WHMCS (just make sure to select to send the RESELLER ACCOUNT WELCOME EMAIL instead of the HOSTING ACCOUNT WELCOME EMAIL) and then "auto grant" the package you created in WHM, reseller privileges.

That way, WHMCS will set up a standard hosting package, and then Zamfoo will automatically promote it to a reseller package. The end result, ONE reseller account is created instead of two. Voila! :D

"Automatic Setup Successful" it says.
Zamfoo Master/Alpha reseller packages now auto setup in WHMCS.
And all WHM and Master/Alpha reseller privileges have been "auto granted". The final result...everything works. :D

So, just remember to set up the Zamfoo package as a STANDARD HOSTING PACKAGE instead of a RESELLER PACKAGE in WHMCS.
As Zamfoo will take care of applying the reseller privileges. ;)