give me your experince with micfo.com hodting

webmaster

hello friends

i'm interested to buy from http://www.micfo.com

i need your review about this company ?

and what about www.bluehost.com ?

i was going to buy from the famous companies like ipowerweb , globat , powweb and others however the problem they are not using cpanel for the control panel ?? what do you advice me ?

please guys help me

thanks

So Far Micfo Has Been GREAT

Hello -

When making my last hosting purchase decision I was also looking at Bluehost as one of my choices. Before making my decision, my last three choices were Bluehost, Aplus and MICFO. I settled on MICFO and am VERY glad I did.

MICFO is great from what I can see so far. I began hosting with them just over a month ago. From this perspective, here's the good, the bad and the ugly:

1. Setup is Fast and Easy. I originally signed up under their 30 Day Trial program. This is the first thing that I love about MICFO - unlike other hosts who tout a "30 Day Money Back Guarantee", these guys give you the first 30 days free to try! If, after that 30 days you are content, do nothing and you are invoiced for the NEXT month. The first month was still free. If not, let them know - you are not charged and you are free to go.

2. Features - as you've seen, this host is feature rich. Unlimited subdomains for one, Fantastico / pre-installed scripts, etc. The fact that you can host multiple domains is a plus and with the generous space and bandwidth they offer it's something I've decided to do.

3. Website Builder / Site Studio - for serious webmasters this will not be a big deal but I think it's a great little bonus and I've seen other hosts charge extra for incorporation and use of Site Studio. Heck, if nothing else you can add a second domain to your program and use site studio to make a little personal site for your wife, girlfriend or personal hobby interest.

3. WHM and Cpanel - everybody has a different opinion on this but I found both of these to be VERY nice, very easy to understand, use and operate.

The Bad - so far, I haven't seen anything from this host that I don't like.

The only slight (and I mean very slight) oddity or problem I've had is with the fact that not everything in the package is automatically defaulted to use when you first begin. There are two features you must request to be added:

The Multiple Domain characteristic, for example. When you receive your Welcome Letter with all the directions, settings, etc. - you do not receive any info on WHM, the Control Panel necessary to add domains & them administer them. To do this, you must first REQUEST it.

Once requested, the action is FAST. WHM capabilities added and you are set to go. I just thought it a little odd that I had to ask. Knowing this, you will have no surprises.

The same thing goes for Site Builder. It is not configured to your new account by default. Again, you ask them and they add it FAST.

So you know - that everything but WHM (multiple domain capability) and Site Builder are automatically set up. These two characteristics must be requested by you and then added by them.

The Ugly - None, whatsoever. These people are good and professional.

Summary: In the short time I've known MICFO every aspect of this host has been great. Really great. Support is OUTSTANDING! I can not speak for speed of loading, uptime and other characteristics that take several months to evaulate fairly.

But for all else and particularly for value, price, service, stability and professionalism, I recommend these guys STRONGLY. I enrolled in the MG Super plan for three months, making it $8.93 per month. When I renew, I'll probably go for the six month signup and reduce my cost to $7.95. If I'm still as happy after all that, I'll stick with them as long as they remain in business.

Respectfully,

Ben

Last edited:
HostingDiscussion is hosted by Micfo. As far as i can see, they've been doing great. Never had any downtime with HD. You should talk to Artashes for more details on his experience.

Ah yes ... I see it now. :)
I really can't remember any downtime for the time
that I'm HD member. :)

Although I don't take a seriously any reviews without
specified site link.

Understandable. It was very well written, which is usually a compliment, but can sometimes be seen as suspicious, and a site link always does help!

I guess we should see Art in a few days here posting a review. He's been a bit busy these last few days, but he'll be back. :D

A good reason to be busy, hosting a party for the web hosting community in Montreal. :) It went well btw.

As for Micfo, Jordan pointed out that this very forum is hosted by them. The choice was the best I've made in years. I've been with Micfo since their initiation and been extremely happy with their service. Now I host all very important to me web sites with them.

In all the time that I've been with them I just had a few support tickets that were responded to in record 2-3 minute time. Most importantly, they are consistent with their support services and performance - one of the major mistakes done by many other hosts.

In my book, Micfo gets 25 out of 10 marks. ;)

Best,

MICFO Hosting - So Far, So Good

Hello Artvision -

I was shopping for a company to host a mirror site to my primary one (I host many). Although my site is not "adult" per se, it's not exactly "Little House On The Prairie" either and could be seen as racy by some. Therefore I prefer not to list the URL among mixed company - particularly, in a forum community of which I am a new member and as yet know little about.

You may send me a PM for the location, with this disclaimer.

As I mentioned in my review, I found the Multiple Domain characteristic a HUGE bonus; something I hadn't even seen when I signed up. Just as I said in my review, I've decided to migrate a few of my little "hobby" sites there as well.

Here's an example of these little sites of mine (which I call "hobby sites"),one which may be viewed without question, in mixed company: http://www.martasanchez.net

Unlike the rest of this community, I'm not in any way a "professional" and not adept at any of this. Just some guy with a little bit of "street knowledge", a layman who's trying to hoist a few little hobby sites here and there.

I'd like to add at this time, that the other two "finalists" in my search both seemed to be REALLY GOOD.

I noticed Aplus was rated by CNET of all people to be great, and I believe them. They had some really nice little side benefits such as Photo and File storage (45 megabytes each), in addition to their rich feature list. I'm not sure why I didn't host with Aplus in the end - I think it had something to do with little (or no?) subdomains and something else. The Program I was looking into there is what they call their "Solo XR".

Bluehost also looked great! Their feature set is outstanding and price-to-value ratio seems very high. I like they WAY they do business and the way they present themselves. I think my decision to walk away from them (and go to MICFO) ended up being a very small thing - like offering 20 Subdomains, versus Unlimited Subdomains.

I think I got lucky in my search. I found what I believe to be three really good, outstanding hosts, each with a rich feature set and very fair asking price. Truth be told, it looks like I could not have lost with any decision between these three.

Insofar as it did end up being MICFO - and again, from my limited vantage point so far (just over a month) things look great and I could not be happier with my choice.

Respectfully,

Ben

Last edited:
I don't want to wander too far off topic, but I would just like to say that before i decided to become a host, I had many sites hosted with aplus. Their support was ok. Recently, they added a live chat feature to their site, which in my opinion could not be more annoying because it randomly pops up stating that they are sure that i have questions for them (???) If I need help...i'll ask for it...thank you.... I was not impressed with the limit on emails and subdomains, as well as the fact that you may only have 1 database, and can't even pay extra for another one. This can put strict limits on your site. Also, another thing that was a major setback for me, was their very limiting control panel. You cannot remove an email address without calling them and providing verification info, which becomes annoying. Also, if you forget that you get only 5 email accounts, and you add a sixth, they will just start charging you something around $4/month (i think) just for that one account, without any notice. Thats my experience with aplus, i think you made a great decision to go with micfo as it seems that you and Art are very happy with them. They are obviously very stable and reliable - - all of us here can attest to that.

Sorry for going a little off topic for a minute.

Great Points Xcel_Hosting

Hello Xcel_Hosting -

Your points about aplus are great ones. If I recall, I think that business about the limits on Subdomains was one of the factors that led me away from them. You make a great point about the Control Panel because that hadn't occured to me (I didn't check theirs) - I LOVE Cpanel and Ensim and have decided that I'll always look for those when choosing a host from now on.

I'm really glad you pointed out (from your own experience), the hassle with removing email accounts. That makes a huge difference to me. You are also right about the popup chat "assistance". It's a little bit agressive. Unfornutely for me, I did give them my email address and they did email me a few times to find out what my decision had been.

Learning about all this reinforces my decision even more. Thank you so much for the added input, Xcel_Hosting.

Respectfully,

Ben

You're very welcome. I still get monthly emails from them as if I were still a customer. I keep clicking that remove me link, and nothing changes, so I've given up for now. ;)

We have a client who has been with Micfo for a few months and I have not heard any negative feedback.

(I just search about HostXL to see a negative comment and found these Board.)

I review these article and see the top banner.
I am very interest and finally I signup MICFOGROUP hosting.

The signup process is really fast. It look like automatic within a minute.
You can choose your main username and password.

SSH is enable by default. And it can use many basic command such as
wget , lynx , w , top to see the server load. Some hosting doesn't allow
to use because they don't want user know their truth server spec.

Cpanel come with all features.

Cons:

1. When add on domain, It automatic set sub domain and set alias to it.
But it's ok.

2. Cpanel can't self sign SSL for my own domain ? it use the cert from ev1servers.net

E = ssl.net
CN = cpanel.ev1servers.net
OU = Unknown
O = Unknown
L = Unknown
S = Unknown
C = US

3. WHM doesn't support POP3s/SMTPs/IMAPs/FTPs over SSL
Also doesn't support APOP too. Lack of security.
By the way, I never found any hosting support them.

4. Directory CGI-BIN always create. But it's ok.

5. setup fee $20 <--- Not fair and old ancient since the signup is nearly automatic.

OK, By for now. 1st day test.

Last edited:
Micfo has the staff at night, he reply to me with in 5 mins.

About Pop3s over SSL, we need a certificate for my own domain ?

We have a client who has been with Micfo for a few months and I have not heard any complaints from them.

Its been over a year since those reviews. I had seen a hosting review site saying Bluehost is the best.

I am interested to see how Micfo and Bluehost rank up nowadays.

Anyone ?

Also, being in Montreal Canada and not having credit card, my options for payment are limited. I could go directly to the hosting site I choose here and pay them directly. I just don't know any and the first reviews I found on hosting sites are for Bluehost and Micfo.