Giving Up and Switching Hosts

I started out a year ago january with some joke hosting for $25 a year.
I knew nothing about hosting so it was a cheap lesson.
Switched over to Godaddy which I was great for uptime, but their hosting features are terrible if you want to add new domains in some areas. Plus they charge a lot of money for things that most other hosting co's give in their standard packages.

So Im at IX webhosting now since last june. It was absolutely fantastic until January (last month) when the problems began.

I dont want to change hosts because they were really great for months without a single problem, so I feel like this can be resolved....well, DID feel that way until I saw the 'unlimited' garbage on their cheaper hosting accounts.

I paid to upgrade to their premium acct to have those extras and what do they do...turn around and give them to everyone so that now the only thing Im paying the extra hundred or so a year for is a few more dedicated IPs that I dont need and an extra freebie domain that I can do without.

Ill definitely be downgrading since theyre giving away for free all those things I upgraded to get, but im really worried that this 'unlimited' nonsense is going to result in overselling and my sites having problems again.

My domains are included with my hosting package. They are registered in my name, so Im hoping if I have to move that I can take them with me.
Do you know if that is the case ?

:)
I believe you can keep the domain as long as you pay for it.

I'm really fed-up with the ridiculous unlimited offers as well.

Always remember that you'll get what you paid for. ;)

Just make sure your friend knows that not ever provider is like the one that he/she is familer with right now. Not all are bad cookies, some, even many but not all. ;)