Godaddy on a promo kick ?

WorldCom

Hey all,

Interesting story .... I got home the other day and a message on my machine was from Godaddy. Nothing ultra important ... but just like a sales rep welcoming me there since they took over my RegisterFly accounts. It does make you feel kinda important even though I only have 4 domains with them lol

It's all good though, cause at least I have his extension should I have any questions/problems.

WorldCom said:
Hey all,

Interesting story .... I got home the other day and a message on my machine was from Godaddy. Nothing ultra important ... but just like a sales rep welcoming me there since they took over my RegisterFly accounts. It does make you feel kinda important even though I only have 4 domains with them lol

It's all good though, cause at least I have his extension should I have any questions/problems.

I've read posts from GoDaddy customers in other forums who report that GoDaddy has been calling to confirm all new registrations and transfers for a while now. Some people appreciate it and like that they're going the extra mile for customer service, while others seem annoyed and don't want GoDaddy to bother them after every new registration.

We talked about doing something similar over here with new registrations, but I thought it seemed like overkill. Maybe I was wrong ...

Brooke-TP said:
We talked about doing something similar over here with new registrations, but I thought it seemed like overkill. Maybe I was wrong ...
Better be safe than sorry. I think its great that GoDaddy would spend those extra dollars calling their customers. While some might not be happy, let's remember than MOST consumers don't have tens or hundreds of domain names but just a few, so calling them to verify during such transactions adds a feeling of better security.

I know I was very deeply impressed when my host Micfo called me after my order to see if I was satisfied.

Best,

Totally agree with you Artashes. I remember when I let a few domains expire on purpose (yeah nobody wanted to buy them :( hehehe). They called me to make sure that I wanted those domains to expire and that it was not an accident. While I don't especially want people phoning me and I didn't phone them back, I was pretty impressed that GoDaddy actually gave me a call about it. I thought, well that is how they are trying to keep their customers and it is a great way to do it too.

Now for calling after every registration, I don't know about that! But they have yet to call me about new or transfers. These days a lot of companies want to disconnect from their customers and not add a little personal touch. I think phoning customers to confirm things or when invoices are not paid, is a good way to keep your customers.

GnomeyNewt said:
Totally agree with you Artashes. I remember when I let a few domains expire on purpose (yeah nobody wanted to buy them :( hehehe). They called me to make sure that I wanted those domains to expire and that it was not an accident. While I don't especially want people phoning me and I didn't phone them back, I was pretty impressed that GoDaddy actually gave me a call about it. I thought, well that is how they are trying to keep their customers and it is a great way to do it too.

Now for calling after every registration, I don't know about that! But they have yet to call me about new or transfers. These days a lot of companies want to disconnect from their customers and not add a little personal touch. I think phoning customers to confirm things or when invoices are not paid, is a good way to keep your customers.

Now that's a thought ... calling customers after expiration but before the redemption period would save a lot of headaches for both the customer and the team. I'm not managing our domains department any longer, but I think the suggestion is definitely one to pass along to the new manager.

It can't hurt them to be too careful, I'm sure they go to call someone to welcome them and they find out it's fraud. It happens.

GnomeyNewt said:

Agreed that it is a good thing to call. I'd love to hear that from my registrar.

Dougy said:
It can't hurt them to be too careful, I'm sure they go to call someone to welcome them and they find out it's fraud. It happens.

In this day and age it is worth calling fraud seems to all to common these days if they are calling it's good to actually get a phone call from them!

Noel_Colo-UK said:
In this day and age it is worth calling fraud seems to all to common these days if they are calling it's good to actually get a phone call from them!

You have a point there. We did experience a lot of fraud on domain name orders.