GoDaddy reseller package

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo6376

I just received an email from goDaddy about a special they are offering for people who want to become Domain resellers. It said that they are offering this for $99/year. Does anyone have any experience with goDaddy on this?

I don't have any experience with their reseller division (Wild West Domains) but I can tell you that $99/year has always been the sign up price, so it is really no special offer.

Thanks, Blue. What's the difference between their reseller division and eNom? I dont have any experience in this at all. With enom there is a deposit involved but you pay by the month? Which would you say is easier to setup and overall a better investment?

.... is there even a market for this anymore ? with so many domain resellers....

Enom requires a significant deposit.
Looking at the two plans, I liked Godaddy better but I don't have any hands on experience with either as a reseller.

GoDaddy has two thumbs up in my opinion. Not only did I have great luck with them, I would still be with them, if it weren't for me having my own hosting company.

we have been their reseller. They will mail your customers and win them over with better offers. Your marginals are low, and you even pay for it, while some other registrars do not charge for becoming a reseller. There are better options. Also you can get their reseller package cheaper from their super resellers than from themselves.

I would never in a million years recommend reselling for godaddy. They have, in the past, emailed the end-clients of their resellers directly to advertise renewal and hosting offers.

Do you really want your customers to receive emails from godaddy that advertise godaddy's hosting service?

I highly recommend reselling for enom for many reasons. To directly compare with what I just wrote above, eNom's whole business is structured around resellers, and even if your client "found" enom directly.. they're pricing is very high for non-resellers so your customers will see the pricing and think they're getting a great deal from you.

Also, as far as I know, enom has never directly contacted a domain owner. :)

BTW - there's no need to deposit a huge amount to become an enom reseller. You can do it with nothing more then $8.95 if you send them a check. (There is no minimum deposit required if you fund your account by check or money order or wire transfer. There is a $100 minimum if you use paypal or credit card.)

(BTW - this assumes you are "getting" your reseller account through another enom reseller. Pretty much any existing reseller can create a cheap account for you in 2 minutes. But be VERY careful whom you select as your "parent" reseller, because no matter what you read, they DO have the ability to change your pricing at any time.)

There is also no "signup fee" for becoming an enom reseller. Every penny that you "put in" to your account goes toward the cost of purchasing domains.

Also, if you just use something like the free "registry rocket" system, you can seel domains from your own branded website without so much as spending a penny.

Last edited:
I started with godady last year when EV1 stopped selling domains. I had 700 on ev1 and they just stopped. Godaddy (wildwest) has been great.

You can turn off the upsell services and they will not solicit your customers. I had a customer call them and they refused hosting because it was not selecetd on my account. So the program works well if you need a stable registrar to manage the domains.

You likely will never make the $99 back in a year in commissions, but if you need a place for clients to register its about the best I have seen. Its easy to set up and transfer domains to the owner without extra fees.

You can also set default dns info, so domains automatically point to your servers. I like that part.

They have an api, so you can build your own site and not use theirs, but the coding is PHP and is a nightmare. So I just use their website by redirecting a subdomain of my main domain.

You can also remove all their info from the site and provide your own support. So people would never contact them.

If you resell hosting, of course they are going to send e-mails to renew. Its your sale. Just as they will notify the customer to renew the domain.

I give them a thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.