Good shared hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldCom

Ok guys/girls...

We need some GOOD shared hosting.
We had a dedicated server .. but as many of us know ..... it was costly for this competative market.

We have moved hosts twice ..... and don't want to move again.

3rd times a charm ..... right??

It is really miserable in this field. So I ask? Is there anyone that has reliable shared hosting out there ..... or is dedicated the only way to go.

Please post your feedback ....... I would love a 30-60 money back guarantee but would just rather have good service.

Here is just what I got back from our current hosting .... which is totall BS:
Thank you for contacting us. The server load is a little bit high now. Our admins are working with it. We have also fixed the phpMyadmin issue. Now you should be able to access the phpMyadmin with out any issue. Please check it from your end and feel free to get back to us if you need nay further assistance. We are very happy to assist you further.

We have time out issues, mySQL is down heaps ..... just logging in to your sites is a pain.
Look just as I'm typing this I'm getting time out error checking my emal .... on my own hosting!!

Please post some offers ..... advice ....... whatever ..... may even consider VPS. So don't be shy.

Be good ..... it's friday and I'm going to the pub in 1/2 hour ..... so if you don't hear back right away .... I will respond.

Thanks HD .... always been a great forum.

Hi,

I can definitely help you with what you are looking for. We offer a no-nonsense 30-day money back guarantee with all of our accounts.

All of our servers are:

Intel Xeon-Clovertown 5335-QuadCore-LV
4 GB DDR2 RAM
RAID 1
Daily External Backups
100MBPS Uplink

We have numerous plans to suit your needs, please feel free to stop by www.hostlayer.com to review them. If you have any questions please feel free to use the live chat function on our website or contact me personal here or at james@hostlayer.com.

WorldCom, sorry to hear about your problems. I actually thought the response from the technical support wasn't that bad, however, if it happens consistently as you say, the patience tends to break.

I hope you find a better host this time around!

HostQuack l Huge Sale 10% Off l cPanel 11 + Fantastico l $4.95$/mo

Hello, if you are looking for a normal shared hosting account then we can offer you the following.

** Huge Sale 10% Off ** Expires on 07/04/2008 **
Coupon Code: Yellow

All of our plans include a 99.5% uptime guarantee, 24/7 support and a 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not happy, we'll refund 100% of your hosting fees with no questions asked!

Standard Plan
••••••••••••••••
Unlimited Domains
Unlimited MySQL Databases

» Storage: 5 GB
» Bandwidth: 50 GB
» Cpanel 11 - Fantastico
» 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.5% Uptime Guarantee - 24/7 Support

Only $4.95/mo. & Free Setup! *1 Free Domain*
More Info l Order Now

Hi,

I can definitely help you with what you are looking for. We offer a no-nonsense 30-day money back guarantee with all of our accounts.

All of our servers are:

Intel Xeon-Clovertown 5335-QuadCore-LV
4 GB DDR2 RAM
RAID 1
Daily External Backups
100MBPS Uplink

We have numerous plans to suit your needs, please feel free to stop by www.hostlayer.com to review them. If you have any questions please feel free to use the live chat function on our website or contact me personal here or at james@hostlayer.com.

Anyone on here every used or know anything about HostLayer?

well still waiting on an email to be answered from HostLayer and thier chat box came up on its own on thier website so I tried to talk with someone, it said I was connected to a person, but I asked a question and waited for awhile, with no answer. I clicked the chat again, and it had shown each dept. online so I tried again and this time it wouldnt connect at all.

as an update to my previous comment, HostLayer has been answering questions quite well. email was answered, but must have been accidental erase on my part or something.

Just letting everyone know I am checking this thread.
Got 100 different things going on ATM.

Thanks for the responses.

We don't oversell, and currently one of our servers is a bit on the low-load side of things. MySQL hasn't had any hiccoughs in over five years, and we've got a few heavily-trafficked forums among our client base. Scribehost offers a 30-day money back guarantee, and have just unveiled the new site offerings. However, how much bandwidth/disk space do you need? While it's easy to say, "Yeah, sure, come on over, we'll fix you up" I don't want to promise something that's going to negatively impact the rest of our customers and end up causing you the same grief you've already run up against. (I'm not familiar with your other move-threads, so don't know what specs you need.)

Drop on by or drop me a PM via this forum - or reply with a list of your usual traffic loads, desired disk space/bandwidth/*SQL limits.

Ok guys/girls...

We need some GOOD shared hosting.

you also provide hosting services, right? I suggest you go for a dedicated server or VPS.

If you still conider shared hosting, please check our (My Webbie Hosting) hosting plans. We guarantee 99.9% uptime, and we also have 30-day money back guarantee.

By the way, I agree that your current host responded well to your issue, but I also agree that you should leave them if you encounter the same issue again and agian.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.