Google Checkout

MarbleHost.com

Honestly, I'm scared.

I don't want my Gmail tied in directly to my storefront.

That just sounds like bad news all around.

But I'm willing to wait out post-bug-fix reviews and initial contrasting opinions.

Any thoughts yet on it?

I think you should ask solutions for this from google groups, they might help you on this or simple change the payment system.

I dont believe that google ties their shopping cart and payment system into gmail but i could be wrong. What you could always do is register a gmail account for your businesS?

It is as simple as creating a new gmail account. Do not treat it as anything special, just a login to your payment control panel. I don't see anything wrong with it!

Till end of this year , Google Checkout have a 0$ fee charge (FREE feeless work)... take advantage of it..its safe and secure and promise a 100% chargeback protection system :) Sounds good to me :)

indyamail said:
Till end of this year , Google Checkout have a 0$ fee charge (FREE feeless work)... take advantage of it..its safe and secure and promise a 100% chargeback protection system :) Sounds good to me :)
How do they promise a 100% chargeback system?? Honestly, no one, but the CC company can promise you that at all. The only thing google can do better at the moment is pretty much on support. Google checkout has a lot less customers/transactions going on compared to paypal. Therefore, they have more time to take care of issues that arise. If they do become big like PP, their support will most likely become such as PP's or worse.

As for the gmail being tied, I believe it is so. I've used other google products eg. analytics and it also ties into your gmail.

Just make a new gmail account under your company name and you'll be fine.

Well they assure you for no chargeback so I assume they have ties up with the banks or credit card companies on unwarranted chargeback policy where they take action. If you search on their help section they mention something like that :)

No need to worry, you can use a different account to go with your Google Checkout. We have one just for business.

As far as not recieving any chargebacks in Google Checkout, that is false. We have recieved some chargebacks through Google. They also do review your orders as well and verify if the buyer is fraud. However, orders do get past them as well. We have had some orders that were cancelled by Google that were deemed fraud and were notified to cancel their order in our system as well.

However overall, it has been fine. Just be aware that to be able to have a google checkout logo in Google Ads you must have a direct link to their google checkout for ordering for that product.

mr_brain said:
Still only uk and usa :-(
I wonder when they will expand. I don't know if they accept Canadians either.. I haven't checked yet. I've been fine with Paypal for the last little while. Their support isn't as good as google's I hear, but GC isn't very widely used at the moment.

Google checkout is a nigtmare. It has cost us lots of money in fraudlent orders. It appears as if google dosen't check the cc before it shows us the money is in our account then it takes it back latter.

Not to mention this: GMail Exploit Leads to Domain Theft

I dont use google checkout any more.

Google checkout is a nigtmare. It has cost us lots of money in fraudlent orders. It appears as if google dosen't check the cc before it shows us the money is in our account then it takes it back latter.

Not to mention this: GMail Exploit Leads to Domain Theft

I dont use google checkout any more.

Well this answers my question if I should venture into Google Checkout or not. Nope not for right now, lol. :shocked:

Interesting... considering Gmail was in BETA for how long? ;)

I use there 50$ google apps and I've recived an email that pointed to that article that Said the problem is fixed. It took some time consitering I reported that glitch in AUG

Can you say negelglance?

Edit it appears that he has recived the domain back: David Airey :: Graphic and Logo Designer but It still could of turned out alot worst.
Anyhow I am consittering testing googles claims that the thing is fixed with my own account no steeling domains.

Last edited: