Google reCAPTCHA v2 vs v3

GixHosting

Google reCAPTCHA v3 is better than v2 because it does not require any bot verification for a real human, but if we talk about the speed of the website, v3 makes the website slower than v2.

What do you say about it?:news:

v2 will be going away, just as v1 did. I've not experienced v3 loading slower on websites however.

Check that your javascript for the recaptcha is loading last in the queue, this way your site loads and the check only happens at the end.

Also, it should only be on pages that have a contact form. If your home page doesn't have a contact form, then don't load the recaptcha.

v2 will be going away, just as v1 did. I've not experienced v3 loading slower on websites however.

Check that your javascript for the recaptcha is loading last in the queue, this way your site loads and the check only happens at the end.

Also, it should only be on pages that have a contact form. If your home page doesn't have a contact form, then don't load the recaptcha.

If you do defer javascript parsing to last in the queue, this will help but I'd recommend excluding jQuery. I have experienced some slowing with v3, but it's so minimal I've let it be as is.

reCAPTCHA v3 allows you to verify if an interaction is legitimate without any user interaction. It is a pure JavaScript API returning a score, giving you the ability to take action in the context of your site: for instance requiring additional factors of authentication, sending a post to moderation, or throttling bots that may be scraping content.

regards,