Great Free Program and of course one of my long winded stories

Freckled

I just wanted to share a link to a program I use and hope you all can use it as well, first some background.

I have probably purchased every HTML program out there except for Front Page (boooo!! hiss!!) hope I never have too. But I can tell you this, I spent way to much money on the ones I did purchase because they were usually uninstalled within 2 weeks and forgotten about. I had all the coffee cup programs and all the versions fo dreamweaver since version 4 and the list goes on.

Now the reason I can't use these programs is because of one that I found that does everything I want it too, has many plug-ins already written for it and it is fully customized as well as being able to make your own plug-ins for it, best of all it is and always has been free. Uses barely any resources compared to some of those resource hogs out there and I will probalby never stop using it, so I thought I would share the link.

Many of you may already use it and many probably never heard of it. I guarentee you that if you used it for at least a week you would never use anything else.

Try it out, it is called HTML-Kit

Oh, that is a great tool. Specially for people starting out. I will personally stick with my Macromedia Studio MX Pro 2004 :D

I am getting ready to sell my version of Marcomedia Dreamweaver MX so I can't get as excited about the Studio Version, I do think the cold fusion is a good thing just can't find much use for the rest of it.

I've stuck by HomeSite for years, even though it was basically abandoned once Allaire was absorbed by Macromedia and Dreamweaver supplanted it. Of course, I still use a very old version of Photoshop because I like to be able to use the hundreds of fonts I've downloaded from the web over the years. (Photoshop 5.5 wouldn't let me use my dingbats or foreign fonts, for some silly reason.)

Thanks for the link!

I have never heard of that but I think I will stick with dreamweaver.
It does everything I need (There is a lot in it that I don't use now but could be useful in the future if I ever do need it).

I don't think dreamweaver is too overloaded, I like the layout of the program and I love the tabs to move between pages without having to open a load of windows like before.

Doesn't FP come free with Windows anyway?
That is something I wouldn't even glance at....Used it before and tried a more recent version and hate it even more now than I did before.

Doesn't FP come free with Windows anyway?

FP Express can be installed as part of IE, however, this is basically Notepad on steroids. The full version of FP is part of the MS Office suite and can be purchased on it's own or it comes in some of the various flavours of MS Office.

Earlier versions were pants, but more recent versions seem to be much better.