Great sites for HTML

HTML related question.. is HTML the base of pretty much all coding? Like its pretty hard to make a site without any HTML if at all possible (which I think it is)

I think it is anyway...
HTML is used for a lot of things and its used within most other types of codes for something or another.
I think it would be hard to use other web languages without any knowledge of HTML but you could still do it...just might be a little harder to understand

The basis of the entire web as we know it is HTML. The web simply wouldn't exist in its current form if it weren't for HTML.

It is totally impossible to create a web site without at least some HTML. Even if you design the whole site in Flash you still have to tell the browser where the <head> ends, and the <body> begins, and what to embed and where to get it from, etc etc. And that's good ol' HTML.

Unfortunately the resources (good though they are) in the first post are typical of the late-90s way of designing for the web. They advocate deprecated elements like <i>, <b> and <u>, and even go into detail about how to design a frame-based site. (By the way, frames are just bad...search engine bots hate em cos they have difficulty traversing the links, so just don't, ok? ;) )

I'll try and put together a few links that I think are good HTML resources over the next few days and post them to a new thread.

No offence to your great list Priyanka...just my ideas of HTML are a little different! :)

Oh, one thing I do have an issue with about your link list Priyanka...just checked the bcent one...it's a commercial site that:

a. hasn't been updated since 2001
b. is crap
and c. offers HTML tips by email. And not on the site. Though if they haven't updated their site since 2001, I'd suspect their emails are pretty infrequent.

Just my 0.02 GBP