Hard drives?

From my own experience, I have found that it is best to go with the middle to most expensive. The cheaper ones usually aren't as good as quality, and when you are in hosting you want to have the best of the best.

western digital and seagate are good hd never heard of maxtor.

I have 2 seagate hd's in my computer 1 is a 200 gb and one is 80. I have had the 80 for about 3 year now and then 200 for about a year and a half both work amazing.

I've had a Maxtor in my personal computer and haven't had any issues with it over the last 4 years.

Depending on the application. For my personal computers I like the WD, for hosting we like to use the seagate scsi 10-15,000 rpm due to the faster response times.

In my experience all hard drives will fail at one time or another, go with the brand you believe in. The brand that I trust is Western Digital and currently build all of our company servers with them.

Seagate is my alltime favorite since 2000. If compare with W.Digital, Seagate contains more noise. However it is very reliable hard drive. It is a hard disk for really hard days.

I would go with seagate.
First off, they offer a 5 year warranty on their drives, while maxtor and western digital only offer a 1 year warranty, that speaks for itself in how much quality they put in their drives and how much they stand behind it.

Someone mentioned that they are louder, but i have 2 seagates and they are actually very quite!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting