Hello Everyone!

ljprevo

Well this is sure a time warp. I remember when this forum was first started years ago.

It is sad to say that I registered, posted a little and never really made my return. In the beginning the forums were a tad dead, but coming back here after 9 years, wow!!!! This place seems a lot more busy. :)

I think I am going to start sticking around here. I was very surprised my account was still here. I hope Artashes remembers me.

After I get a tad settled in I will post my experience and where I have been. In short, I just got back into the hosting business after being gone for 5 years.

LOL, re-welcome? :)

This is funny (well sad)

ljprevo
HD Newbie

Well well well... isn't that somethin'! :D

Hello there, James, nice to see you come back to us out of the blue. I really wonder how you rediscovered the community?

Don't look at the post count, look at the date of registration. Think about it - it tells people around you you've been in this business for almost 10 years now, although I am sure its longer than that anyway.

So take a look around, we've changed some things in recent years, including the design, introduced some projects and programs. We also always have new and exciting projects in development. The community is in good health and condition and the crowd is really great!

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your time and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. :)

Well well well... isn't that somethin'! :D

Hello there, James, nice to see you come back to us out of the blue. I really wonder how you rediscovered the community?

Don't look at the post count, look at the date of registration. Think about it - it tells people around you you've been in this business for almost 10 years now, although I am sure its longer than that anyway.

So take a look around, we've changed some things in recent years, including the design, introduced some projects and programs. We also always have new and exciting projects in development. The community is in good health and condition and the crowd is really great!

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your time and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. :)

Actually I had some VERY old bookmarks and have been search "hosting forums" and found the site. I remembered this site, just never made it back. Better now than never eh?

When I came back I started at "that other hosting forum" :shh:

I am now gradually checking other forums and hosting directories to get my name out there.

I will write my hosting experience in a bit after I get settled in, as well as an offer. Don't want to jump in to just advertise, I want to be active here first.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome back to Hosting Discussion, James. :D

Thanks Steve, plan on hanging around here more.

Other hosting forums (not naming names :shh:) seem to have got way big over the years, not that is bad, but I see A LOT of trolls over there.

I don't mind other host checking me out, but when I see a visitor, referred from a certain site get me on chat to just put me through the ringer, I often wonder their motive.

I don't mind anyone asking me hard questions, but if it is the competition doing it because they are scared, good grief. I check other host sites out, but I will never get them on chat to nit pick their site or their services.

I've never heard of that happening - a competition logging in to chat with you and asking how this or that is done? That's quite amusing actually if you think about it. :)

By the way, how can you tell if you have competition logged in in a chat?

I've never heard of that happening - a competition logging in to chat with you and asking how this or that is done? That's quite amusing actually if you think about it. :)

By the way, how can you tell if you have competition logged in in a chat?

9 times out of 10 it is a referral from (That other forum :shh:)

From a thread that you are at odds with another host. Not saying that it is a host, but my suspicion is 99% sure. They ask off the wall questions that I would doubt a regular customer would ask.

I caught one host because their location said "Maryland" on the forum.

The DNS of the IP was something like BaltMD.isp.com in my livehelp log.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123