HELM Offer

Will

HELM are offering the package for just 25% of it's normal price at the moment. I'm not in hosting but I'm tempted to buy that to start up! That's so cheap!

Thats very good!!! I got an email a few days ago about it. It might even be worth buying to sell on at a later date.

Helm is a great CP and I installed it when it was relativley new. Havent had any huge issues with it since I installed it. I can certainly recommend it!

It's the getting a server + clients + dealing with support I'm a little worried about. Too much competition for my liking.

A lot! I recommend not doing it unless you can find some niche which isnt tapped in to, or go for higher end clients like businesses you meet face to face around Leeds/Hudds etc... and charge more (in to the $100's per month). This way you could set up some very nice hardware and load balancing and provide top support and be paid well.

Yeah - even then I just don't have the OS/Security expertise. Maybe one day I'll consider it when I've got a little more experience under my belt.

Security is one of the essentials :) Hackers just never give up.

I am guessing you will go with Windows... or would you look at other options also?

It would depend. I'm looking a lot further down the line so I'm guessing that OS choice would be alittle different. If I did it now I'd have to go with Windows just because it's what I know and I don't think it's that much worse than any *nix offering.

Did you decide to go ahead and buy the licence? It is a very good deal and I think it ends tomorrow. I am tempted but best not right now. Saving up for the house deposit :)