Help - Need help with domain name reselling

DJInBoise

I have my first hosting client and need some help. She's a friend of mine from high school. I need to know how I go about setting up the domain name for her site. I know there are companies out there that I can set-up an account with. But many of those want a deposit. I'm not able to commit money up front for a deposit just yet. How can I go about getting just one domain name? What's the best route?

Thanks!
DJ

Try to search on page search engine first, then you can compare the entire good domain name registration provider (for me, the familiar web hosts that you must compare) that you found. Because that you said, many web hosts out there provide for domain registration.

If you want to resell domains, I recommend ResellerClub. They do not require deposits, so you can pay as you go. They are the same company as WHMCS, so it's 100% compatible with it. Also, if you already have WHMCS you can sign up for a ResellerClub account though their website.

Last edited:
I found one that I can pay as I go until I'm more established. I've checked out ResellerClub and might go with them down the road. Thanks for the feedback.

Since this is question of single domain name I think you can buy it from the registrar with your own account and can set-up the hosting account.

Reseller club is helpful when you want domains in bulk, and still don't want to deposit amount to buy them.. but if you are thinking for just a single domain name, why not go for some normal registrar like namecheap, godaddy, domainsite etc. for the registration?

These all domain registration sites ask to pay as you buy the domain name and most of them also provide hosting too, reducing your hassle to set-up hosting account elsewhere, linking the nameservers etc.

What I think your saying is that you want an automatic registrar service. If you got WHMCS you can get an eNOM account set-up for free with reseller ability which cost a lot on its own.

I have never used them. But I hear many people singing their praises.

In fact I am in the middle of signing up with them. I used a Gmail address to sign up and they didn't like that and I haven't replied back to them with domain name I plan to use with NEO.

I haven't had any problems. I tried another company at first and deposited some money. Registered a domain and nothing happened. I tried to contact them and didn't get a reply. Did some more research and found that NetOne has registered quite a few domains. Registered and the domain I was trying to get was registered within minutes. I had to file a claim with PayPal to get my mom back from the other company. Sorry but I don't recall their name.

DJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123