Help with Forum integration!

BVSDaryl

Hi Guys

We just installed a forum for our website but would appreciate it if someone could assist us in blending it with our website just the header and the footer.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Request was moved to 'Website and Graphic Design' section
- Jonathan [Vovex Technology][3:30PM EST][12/30/01]

Thank you gordy for your assistance. Lets see what John has to see when he comes across this forum else I will let you know.

Hi there Daryl,

Hope the integration with your forums go well. :)
Out of curiosity, if you don't mind, which ones is it?
I won't list every one in existance, ;), so I'll only list the main ones: phpBB, vB, IPB and wBB.

Ah right Darly, i thought you went with invision.
I think thats a lot easier to integrate but I can also help with phpbb.
What exactly do you want on your forum header and footer thats from your site?
If I have time tonight I might even be able to do it for you, just let me know what you want on it but will need to know pretty soon, going out to another part tonight (I think i deserve to party a bit on this holiday because I have been working far too much lately ;))
When do you want it done by?
Not sure whats installed on this computer for site design, would be a lot easier if I can see while Im coding the header but dont think much is available here, let me know anyway

Hi John

Thank you for your time. I just confirmed and it is phpBB. I would like the phpBB logo replaced with our logo and basically you would know the remaining. Please do let me know what you would need to know in order to get started with it.

Again I thank you for your generous support and look forward to hearing from you soon.

<< If I am not mistaken Anjay I think it is phpBB :) >>

Good choice Daryl. :)
phpBB is one of the better and more professional boards other there, of course other than vB. ;)

<< Ah right Darly, i thought you went with invision. I think thats a lot easier to integrate but I can also help with phpbb. >>

John... you like... Invision? :eek:
heh, s'ok ;)
Personally I'd never use Invision, never ever - and I can assure you John, it'll be very easy to edit phpBB. ;) I have used a lot of forum boards in my time, and when I started a small side company only hosting forum boards - I had to get familiar with over 42 different forum boards, and phpBB is very very easy I can assure you, however I've never tried with Invision since I never wanted to. wBB as I said above is very hard though, you'll be hard pressed to find a good coder/designer who can integrate that well. ;)
Although don't worry about phpBB 2.0.6, it's very easy to edit. No hassles at all. Logo of course is easy, unless it's bigger than the original phpBB logo. Also you may want to edit the style totally, I'm not sure if it's a corporate site you want to style the phpBB with?

<< I just confirmed and it is phpBB >>

Very good on you. :)
I only recommend phpBB or vB, and of course 99% choose phpBB because it's free, but it is certainly a super board. ;)

I just want something simple like replacing the phpBB logo with our logo and maybe the header and footer colours to be matching to our website. I am sure this shouldnt be that hard. Let me know if you would need anything to complete this.

It is quite easy to do yourself, just edit the header.php file or similiar (cant remember the exact name) in the template directory

Sorry Daryl I forgot to reply, I dont have anything here that I can use to do the header.
I would be able to do it on Friday if you dont have it done by then.
I think for phpbb you edit a file called header.tpl
Im more used to invision now, been using that for months now instead of phpbb

Daryl: You can always try edit some things yourself

../home/username/forum/templates/templatename/images/
You can find the images and manipulate them a bit.

Im not too good when it comes to things like this.... but I've done it before and that is how I did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnMuller