Hire or DIY

redrunner

Do you take care of your own accounting using special software or have you hired someone? I would think starting off the accounting shouldn't be that difficult to take care of yourself.

"starting off the accounting shouldn't be that difficult to take care of yourself" is correct, but only at first. Many are surprised to find out that accounting can get quite difficult to manage after so much growth. I was able to handle Fiber Elephant's accounting for about the first month, then soon had to hire someone just to take care of billing.

This all depends entirely on how knowledgeable you are about accounting. When you say General Ledger to some people, they think you're talking about someone in the Army.

If you have a small company Then, I think it would be good and easy to do it your self, If you got a multi100 dollar company then I would rather myself hire my own agent or someone.

"starting off the accounting shouldn't be that difficult to take care of yourself" is correct, but only at first. Many are surprised to find out that accounting can get quite difficult to manage after so much growth. I was able to handle Fiber Elephant's accounting for about the first month, then soon had to hire someone just to take care of billing.

I'm impressed that it grew that much in just a month! Have any tips you want to share with the rest of us. ;) Did you buy software for your accounting when you first started off?

Yes if you are starting out, you have to do it yourself. As you grow, you will def have a to hire someone because there is no way you can do it all.

If you are small , DIY, but when you improve your business, don't DIY.. I like to save money, OMG it takes a lot of time....

Buy a good piece of software to make it easier on you and then if it gets out of hand you'll need to higher someone.

Do it yourself will obviously save your money but at Premix Hosting we hire a staff to handle our accounting and finance to make sure all the financial flow working properly and to ensure our customer satisfaction whenever they have issue on their billing

I use BlinkSale as my billing software and it makes things a lot easier. FreshBooks would be a good alternative, but I know as my business grows, I'll need to get something more advanced than BlinkSale, but for now $12/mo is a good deal.