Hiring a Broker to Get a Domain

First Timer

How does this actually work? There's a few domains that I'm interested in, but the sites that I want are currently purchased, but there's no content on the sites other than, "Someone has purchased <domain>" but I could hire a broker to get it....I don't fully understand that - or how it works...

I have never heard of hiring a broker to buy domains. but I imagine you could contact the owner and see if he will sell the domain. if anyone has information about a domain broker I am curious how that works.

This is actually a very good question.

Domain brokers can help you buy or sell a domain. For example, if the domain you want is very valuable and already purchased, domain brokers can help negotiate on your behalf and try to bring down the asking price. However, I have never heard of anyone really hiring brokers to buy domains.

In general, brokers are hired to sell your domain name(s) as they have the tools and the reach far better than someone who has never sold a domain name before.

I suggest contacting the owner of the domain name you want yourself without any outside help. Start by asking what price they want for the domain and it will help you understand whether further discussions are even worth your time.

Best,
Artashes

This is actually a very good question.

Domain brokers can help you buy or sell a domain. For example, if the domain you want is very valuable and already purchased, domain brokers can help negotiate on your behalf and try to bring down the asking price. However, I have never heard of anyone really hiring brokers to buy domains.

In general, brokers are hired to sell your domain name(s) as they have the tools and the reach far better than someone who has never sold a domain name before.

I suggest contacting the owner of the domain name you want yourself without any outside help. Start by asking what price they want for the domain and it will help you understand whether further discussions are even worth your time.

Best,
Artashes

So you're saying just email them saying you want the domain and then say, "How much do you want for it?" and if they're being a pain about it, get a broker? :crash:

Yeah a domain brokers can help you buy or sell a domain and make you fell easy for you guys on the web...

I haven't ever come across any such thing...Does it mention any specific broker to contact? I mean, any company name? And how does this broker deal work? Do these guys charge the buyer adn the seller?

The domain owner generally park the domain name, try out checking the domain name through google search to find any such information?