Host choices for live streaming videos

therivershow

This nubie would like info regarding live musical instruction video. I've
checked out some options,having an ISP do it seems the best but I am
using multiple computers in different locations.(computer speed and server bandwidth seem to be an issue)Parameters are?.Should I get a host with a dedicated server upgrade ability?Here"s what I need:at least 10min or more smooth
uninterupted video down/up load(like utube),ecommerce,live.stream
1on1 instruction( 30min if possible),all for a shared host price.Some Streaming host offers of 15.00 and up seem reasonable,
,but I'd prefer an all in one host.$ is an issue until the clients roll in.Thanks for any thoughts.therivershow:confused:

The most preferable thing is to choose a Host with good streaming features, even a shared hosting can be ok the problem stay on features of streaming and the bandwidth offered :)

Thanks,do you recommend a minimum computer speed for live streaming? Or doe's it matter?I've heard older models don't perform well.Must it have a 2nd usb port (High speed) ,or same type option to work?This toshiba has an "i" port.I'm off to figure out who has good
streaming, Ive seen alot of unlimeted bandwidth offers, and complaints of same.So thats a "Yes" to dedicated server upgrade ability?I gather some hosts have true dedicated and some not.Hope to
hear back.:thumbup:

Well, Some site can provide that at shared host!.... Bandwidth problems is nothing...! it can be handled! But you have to choose right plan and right site...

Should I get a host with a dedicated server upgrade ability?
If you expect future growth, a provider that offers scalable solutions (meaning it is not hard for them to switch you from a shared hosting plan to your own dedicated server) would be ideal.

Here"s what I need:at least 10min or more smooth
uninterupted video down/up load(like utube),ecommerce,live.stream
1on1 instruction( 30min if possible),all for a shared host price.
Most shared hosting plans from reliable providers can handle this

Some Streaming host offers of 15.00 and up seem reasonable,
,but I'd prefer an all in one host.:
and rightfully so - using one provider for everything is definitely easier

starting to narrow it down,thanks

Can anyone answer the compter port speed question?When looking for a new computer, what are the minimum requirements for live streaming? Also, the minimum bandwidth,diskspace,or any other pertinet data numbers when purchasing a host.Thankyou all

It is better to consider a dedicated server for live streaming as live streaming requires more resources and better performance is needed in order to keep customers on your website. If a Dedicated server is out of your budget, you can choose a VPS for now and upgrade later....

The more I learn, the harder this gets.thanks

What other questions do you have, surely we can help you more. Alternatively, if you have already chosen a hosting provider, their support staff should be able to help you with all of these questions.

Well, Some site can provide that at shared host!.... Bandwidth problems is nothing...! it can be handled! But you have to choose right plan and right site...

That isn't correct. You can't host a project as the OP asked in a shared hosting plan. And yes, bandwidth is.

what I think I have learned

Sharehost with scalable server (semi and dedicated)w/ live streaming options THANKYOU I think I can choose with crossed fingers. Frustration and dodging sales are the norm on this www. thing.Like trying to decipher lawerspeak in braille .Simple tasks are extremely confusing for the newbie, and this disconnect is apparently lost on the average web user.Sorry, but just figuring out I needed Hosting Discussion to make an educated decision took hours, let alone "thread" means "post".Laugh but I'm
not alone.Even this sites knowledgebase has no" posting instructions", I could ever figure out. You should see what I put Artashes through just to log on.
Like lawyers and paralegals relating to us from in a different world, the experienced web user seems to have diffuculty(though at times successful!)in
relating information to us computer babies; or seeing it through their own newbie eyes, again.End diatribe..:twocents:I will learn to use spellcheck
FRUSTRATION DELETED

You should check out Clip Bucket and PHPmotion if you need video sharing software--all the basics are free. Also, you will find discussions on this topic in the forums. These sites also advertise with hosts that specialize in ffmpeg hosting (.flv encoding).

Speaking from experience, if you are only going to do this video sharing with a few people and do not plan on expanding, shared hosting will do just fine. I have a public video sharing website and shared hosting worked when I was small, but after a while, I needed to upgrade to dedicated.

since you're are going to use live streaming, bandwidth is the major area of concern. A basic dual core also can perform this task. Try to look for unmetered plans either hybrid server or dedicated server. you will save more on bandwidth cost.

thanks for more info

I like pacific host which has phpmotion but was not sure about streaming options available.Previous postings have been the best info source so far.I sent a private message to a reseller on this site but no reply about any discounts.Starting small seems smart, putting
togeather a site(my free google site has been a nightmare)teck support nonexistent or in some crazy loop of who's responsible for my
disappearing mx records This is why I decided to pay for what I get.
I would like to start cheap and be able to expand quickly with same host.Seems like prices range anywhere from$30-$300 a month for what I will need.Although a viral video seems random,I believe I have
10-20 minute instructional videos (music)that will fly.I just want it to
credit me and link to my site for further instruction (individual and group) at a small fee.It's a little pricey but Pacific Host had no bad reviews I could find.I just can't figure out if their more than I need right now.Sorry this was so long.thanks again for everyones help.