HostedInside.com gone?

GordyMac

I have tried these guys for hosting, down quite a bit, now their website and all my sites are down, been down for days.. can't contact anybody there.. the 1 800 # no longer works.. they claimed to be around for 3+ years, but I think they lied.. anyone know what happened to them?

Seems I got scammed...

Well, the Whois search for their domain shows it was registered at the end of December 2011, so they are definitely around for no more than 2.5 years. Their Live Chat also seems to be offline with the option to only leave a message. Have you tried leaving a message there or contacting them via mail? Haven't heard of them frankly and sorry to hear about your bad experience. Let us know how it goes.

Funny their website is back up now, I warn you all, BEWARE of this "host" .. they disappear for days or more at a time.. you will lose websites and customers!

Funny their website is back up now, I warn you all, BEWARE of this "host" .. they disappear for days or more at a time.. you will lose websites and customers!

Their is many reason a site goes down for a few days.

1) the never paid hosting fees and their host does not have a suspended page set up.
2) updating their website
3) hardware failure on the server

etc.

because their site goes down does not mean they are a bad host and should be avoided

1) the never paid hosting fees and their host does not have a suspended page set up.

etc.

because their site goes down does not mean they are a bad host and should be avoided

Now, apart from hardware failures (which should be VERY serious to last for days) I believe the other reasons can and should be avoided by the host. Not paying their server or hosting or whatever fees is very unprofessional and speaks a great deal of the quality their clients should expect. The same goes for the website updates. Everyone updates their website and this is a project that has to be carefully thought of and fully prepared before it goes to its launching phase. I have observed hundreds of website making a complete redesign with little to no downtime. Few days down is unacceptable in this matter.

That being said I really don't know what the reason for this particular downtime was and if all we discussed serves as a constructive criticism to the host I think the thread served its purpose. :rolleyes2

I agree in point 1 and 2 should not happen, but it does.

another thing is if they have say a plan with 5 GB bandwidth and this gets used up then site will go down usually with a warning until either the site owner upgrades their bandwidth or their next payment period.

but yes you should always make sure you pay your fees ontime as most hosts will give some days after the due date before the site is suspended. and most scripts will update without downtime, even if you are updating toy site, you should do this without taking your site offline

etc.

1 & 2 should not cause a website to go down for a few days and number 3 is very rare (unfortunate) circumstances yes, maybe.

Regardless of what the issue was that caused them to go down for a few days, leaving everyone wondering WHY is a red flag in itself.

I agree in point 1 and 2 should not happen, but it does.

another thing is if they have say a plan with 5 GB bandwidth and this gets used up then site will go down usually with a warning until either the site owner upgrades their bandwidth or their next payment period.

If this is the case it reflects poor management of the company. This should be monitored and most control panels will send a notification when nearing the caps giving enough time to act on it preventing issues like this. That being said, most suspensions don't simply result in a website going completely down if that is the case here.

If this is the case it reflects poor management of the company. This should be monitored and most control panels will send a notification when nearing the caps giving enough time to act on it preventing issues like this. That being said, most suspensions don't simply result in a website going completely down if that is the case here.

in cPanel the notifications are not set as default, you have to set them in the tweek settings area and at what % you want them set..
i agree with suspensions not taking a site down.

I know some hosts that will only use Facebook and Twitter to inform customers if issues. This is something i hate. i have my WHMCS on a separate server so if clients server has issues i can contact all clients

I know some hosts that will only use Facebook and Twitter to inform customers if issues. This is something i hate. i have my WHMCS on a separate server so if clients server has issues i can contact all clients

I agree with you there :). We actually have our client area hosted in a different datacenter from the ones our clients are in so we're always able to communicate with our clients should the worst happen.

Well to chime in again, it wasn't simply that their website was down for a couple days.. it was well over a week on two separate occasions.

Their web support, although should never be down, was fine with me being down. But that, coupled with their 1-800 number disconnected during the whole time, no way to contact, not even responding on forums like this, that is why I suggest not dealing with this company.

Well to chime in again, it wasn't simply that their website was down for a couple days.. it was well over a week on two separate occasions.

Their web support, although should never be down, was fine with me being down. But that, coupled with their 1-800 number disconnected during the whole time, no way to contact, not even responding on forums like this, that is why I suggest not dealing with this company.

Its bad for any company to have their own site and support system down if their clients sites are down. this to me tells that they are on the same server as their clients, which is bad business practice.

As a webhost your own website/billing/client management system should be on a different server and different Datacenter than that of your clients. This is so that if the server that hosts your clients has issues then you can still communicate with your clients and visa versa

Why you guys choose these kind of web host ?

When people choose a webhost they don't expect the host to run away and still go "Well I'll give them a try". Things happen and sometimes you get burned. I've been burned plenty times and when you use the internet it is bound to happen. But, getting burned teaches what not to do in the future.

Getting Burnt in this industry is a learning curve. you wont find many hosts that have not been burnt in some way.

Getting burnt and losing many clients forced me into getting my own VPS and i wish i had done it years before, never looked back