Hosting Downtime and Bills

AbbieRose

We had a hardware failure yesterday on one of our servers. There was nothing we could do but wait for the repair, but the clients responses were varied. There were of course the horrified people wanting to know why it was down, but we had two call up and tell us that they had just mailed their billing cheque, could we put their site back on please?

I couldn't help but laugh, that they had such a guilt complex that they thought we'd cut them :D

Their fear may be genuine and would have had similar previous experience with other hosting companies. They may not be technically knowledgeable persons to understand what is happening behind the scenes as well. Hope you kept your worries away :) Oh and I assume no data loss!

Hope you recovered quickly :) And as SS-Maddy points out, it's unfortunate however many customers will have been with hosts who disappear or crash a lot, hence why some of your customers were worried :)

but we had two call up and tell us that they had just mailed their billing cheque, could we put their site back on please?

Who'd know, there can be unintended positives to downtime! :)

I hope everything working right now, and that the checks are all valid.

Hope the server is repaired quickly so you can get their websites back. Amongst any issues with a hosting server, I think down time is the worse and the most hated by the users.