Hosting for specific industries

iblive

Do any hosting companies here have a model in which they target a specific industry? For example real estate, insurance, etc. I see a lot of companies use this strategy and I'm curious to how it has worked vs. other forms of targeting.

iblive, I think this will be a great thread, thank you for starting it.

It is quite interesting to see if there are some hosts that focus on a certain industry and do just that.

From my memory, I heard of "christian" hosts, I also know a host that specializes in free-speech type of resources like http://www.1st-amendment.net

A friend of mine is going into hosting business soon and will target only small businesses in the city we live in only. I guess that would fall under "targeted" audience.

Best,

With some businesses it is often difficult to figure out your specific target market. For web hosting companies, saying "well, anyone can use my service" is just not an easy way to market. I would think specialized hosts may have an easier time going after and marketing to specific customers.

I have a friend who only hosts his clients, and he creates/manages custom scripts for them. He is not cheap tho!

I have seen someone targeting just lawyers and doctors - but offering something related to them, too. Don't remember anymore all the details.

Chris

See generally web hosting company work in general with all. They specifically dont have their target in any particular industry. But it happens that some hosting companies have their expertise in particular field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting