Hosting plan for Try

caesar1

Hi,
We have about 50 clients, but I want new clients.. :)
Now I create TRY hosting plan for 10 days, 10mb disk space, 20mb bandwidth.

This is good offer for try? 10 days is ok time?
10mb disk space and 20mb disk space for 10 days is sufficient for testing?

Thank you :)

Moved to a more appropriate business research oriented forum.

My understanding is that a 10-day trial is not sufficient to fully grasp the level of service a client will receive over long term. A more traditional 30-day period is more appropriate, and does not seem rushed.

Of course there have been companies that offered half a year to a year worth of free professional hosting to win customers over, but that's only good if you have deep pockets to finance your operation.

Another trick is to have people pay $1 for 30 or 60 days of trial hosting. That will eliminate those who just want a free ride. :)

As Artashes said - whatever you do, don't say FREE for 10 days. This will invite every spammer and hacker into your network and leave you working doubletime to keep things ok on your system.

A 30 day money back seems pretty standard these days with hosting companies, but I've found others offering 7 days, and some with 500% money back guarantees for 45 days. It all depends on your marketing strategy and what you're trying to accomplish.

For me, only software is good for the try before you buy type system - beyond that, money back guarantee usually works on a service level.

Do not give away that for free for everyone. A lot of bad things might be done during those 10 days ;)

30 day money back guarantee is a great thing. When offer free it opens the door for problems. I would not go with a company that offered free hosting due to security risks, and other concerns.

My understanding is that a 10-day trial is not sufficient to fully grasp the level of service a client will receive over long term. A more traditional 30-day period is more appropriate, and does not seem rushed.
I'd have to agree with Artashes.

I'd have to agree with Artashes.

30 days is the perfect amount of time to assess a hosting company. However I think a 30 day money back guarantee as mentioned above would be a much better way of allowing customers to trial your services. This will always keep people who have no intentions of paying, away.

30-day money back guarantee is a good choice than quick ones. You will test the program for 30 straight days if you're satisfied or not. I'm going to attempt this to another hosting plan but not for now.