Hosts Blacklist!

m0h

Hi,

I'm starting this thread to make a list of hosts that offers unlimited space &/or bandwidth since there is no such thing I think they should be blacklisted, so if you find one please post it here ;)

Fully agree - any no limits or unlimited is an unsustainable offer which is going to fold over on itself and only those who have put trust in the company will suffer as their sites go.

Plus you cannot realistically support anything so wide open to abuse.

How do you monitor that sort of account?

Not possible, and remember the host can be liable too for whatever the client gets up too.

Can a client of a host offering these things sue them for false advertising if and when their accounts get shut off for usijng too much space and or bandwidth?

GamesCreation said:
Can a client of a host offering these things sue them for false advertising if and when their accounts get shut off for usijng too much space and or bandwidth?
Don't think you can do so, but you can ask for a refund when don't get your unlimited space or bandwidth ;)

I think that could work well. Maybe if they offer ridiculaous amount or unlimited then it puts a black mark on their domain in the review system. Some kind of warning mark to proceed with caution if considering them and then a link to a page explaining the physics of owning an unlimited hard drive :)