HostUltra

weilik

I don't know whether I have posted in the right category but please move it to the right location if I have misposted this thread.

I would like to know whether anyone of you here have heard of
HostUltra.com ? The prices of the hosting packages seem to be quite attractive. Can you guys here who are more knowledgable than me advice me on whether I should sign-up with them?

Best Regards,
Wei Lik :p

EV1 Reseller, nice template but the gurl doesnt look like she fits in that futuristic background, looks like she was ripped off some site. EV1 actually has a nice network with good speeds, but not too sure on the quality of service of the reseller.

oswazi said:
EV1 Reseller, nice template but the gurl doesnt look like she fits in that futuristic background, looks like she was ripped off some site. EV1 actually has a nice network with good speeds, but not too sure on the quality of service of the reseller.

Seems to have the style of a templatemonster template. I have heard of them but mainly bad reports of them shutting accounts down without warning.

Don't let the TM template be a deciding factor. There are many quality hosts who believe they should invest more in customer service than site asthetics.
HostUltra has been around for a couple of years and seem to be priced in such away as to maintain a viable business plan.
I have no personal experience with them so I can't speak to their services but it doesn't take much for people to complain about shutting down account without notice.
Check through their TOS/AUP and adhere to it and I'm sure there won't be an issue of having your site shut down.

EV1 is a dedicated server provider which provides us with servers.
We are not a reseller.

We do close sites without warning to those who violate our conditions, this is mainly for free accounts.
We very rarely close a paid account as the terms for paid accounts is much less restrictive.

The girl on the design is from getty images not "ripped from some site"
I dont get what the template monster template has to do with anything, its not like we put it on your website.
The guy asked for suggestions about our services not who designed our website.

Eric,
Admin

lol

It's okay HostUltra, I believe you :) By the way, even if it IS a templatemonster template, it's not that bad for one either... I personally can't stand template users, but this one i'll make an exception for-. :)

By the way... I've used your free hosting before, it's pretty decent for free.

weilik said:
I don't know whether I have posted in the right category but please move it to the right location if I have misposted this thread.

I would like to know whether anyone of you here have heard of
HostUltra.com ? The prices of the hosting packages seem to be quite attractive. Can you guys here who are more knowledgable than me advice me on whether I should sign-up with them?

Best Regards,
Wei Lik :p

I have hosted with Host Ultra. Here is my opinion on them.

*I didn't like their support. They were extremely slow with responding to ticket requests. It took at least, 72 hours for a response. Sometimes I wouldnt get one at all, and I would have to resend my request.

* The actual server was fast , and the uptime was great.

* As soon as I set up my email address, and used the web mail, I received insane of amounts of spam. I don't know where it came from, but it was soooo much spam.

* When I NEEDED to upgrade, it took 5 days to get a response email.

* When I asked if I could downgrade (I still wanted to give them my business), I could not downgrade, so I was forced to cancel my account.

Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123