Hostvoice Success?

dubs

How many people here have tried HostVoice, and of those people, did you find it successful? I recently bought some leads there and already have a few requests. I also heard that HostGator and HostingZoom always are subscribed there, so they are sort of my competition ( :crap: ) Does anyone know for a fact that this is true?

I've always found hostvoice to be a lowest common denominator type of thing.

Everyone who makes a request there is looking for everything but want to pay nothing, and there are a hundred hosts there willing to give everything away for nothing.

Well, after all, it is the reverse of an auction. :)
Does anyone know for a fact that this is true?
I remember reading on WHT rather recently that HG was advertising via HostVoice. (i can't vouch that they do advertise now though.) I have no idea about HostingZoom.

Last edited:
Blue said:

Everyone who makes a request there is looking for everything but want to pay nothing, and there are a hundred hosts there willing to give everything away for nothing.

Agreed , i once put in $200 and still gotten 0 clients from there

>> No refunds, notthing .. i have to eat that $200and take it as a lost
:thumbdown

ServerTweak.com said:
>> No refunds, notthing .. i have to eat that $200and take it as a lost
:thumbdown
Do you mean "take it as lost" or "take it as a loss"? Huge difference between the two, as if you mean it as a loss, then you cannot really compare it that way. It is a marketing expense after all.

Tried it twice - each time was completely worthless. Unfortunately it tends to simply attract people looking for dirt cheap offers and nothing else.

Also never got any real answer as to where their traffic comes from - that might be a clue itself. If they had quality placement or advertising, they would be promoting where they generate their leads from.

we started advertising on it about a week ago and have seen that a lot of people submit for the same stuff over and over. If we didnt get them on the first try i dont see it happening on the second or third try.

we wont use it again