hotmail finally 250MB

eglim

So how do you guys feel about hotmail finally giving everyone 250 mb accounts. But my account still showing 2MB what about you? I know many of you go with Gmail. But I not able to left my old email.

I gave up on free email accounts the minute I got into the hosting industry. I find it much easier (and professional) to use my own domain name and email servers and its surprisingly easy. PLUS the added bonuses that they dont expire and you can easily keep 2500megs of emails on one account if you have the right hardware!

I didn't know Hotmail had followed gmail's suit by 'up-ing' the diskspace. Thanks for telling me, its an interesting marketing move.

eglim said:
But my account still showing 2MB...
Have you tried signing up a new account to see whether its just new accounts which benefit? Or maybe it just takes a while for them to do a network-wide upgrade.

Regards,
~Equinox

AFAIK hotmail gives free 250MB to US and Canadian citizens only. My account will be stuck to those 2 MB for years to come. :)

i not think hotmail old. If hotmail old yahoo also old.
Hotmail approve services very much.
But Gmail is great.

Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as saying it was "OLD", but there is room for improvement with great systems like Gmail coming into the Free-mail industry.
~Equinox

They did increase the storage of their mailbox but you know what else they did??? They errr.... they err... err... they!!! disabled their free mail box from outlook express, you can't use outlook express for your free hotmail accounts, that's very bad, I would rather go with gmail in that case since they give 1GB of space.

I only got 2mb for my hotmail account, while my friend already got 250MB.
I really don't understand, why mine one not upgraded.

Ross, it is not worth it for me to switch from Hotmail. It does a simple job, and it does it satisfactorily. Should it fail to meet certain needs of mine, rest assured, I would move away from it. :)

I am not using Hotmail from many month beacuse of two reasons.
First is that time when i stop using hotmail, my inbox full (92%) . And I also not want to delete my messeges.
Second Now I am using Gmail and all new emails I am getting here.

BUT many of my old friends still mailing me on hotmail so beacuse of this i not able to left hotmail. Even when someone mail me on hotmail I advise him for next mail must send me on my gmail address. I am also using Hotmail ID for MSN.

Well hotmail kind of had no choice but to increase their storage limit. Companies like google with their gmail (1 GB of storage for emails) are blowing yahoo and hotmail out of the water. IMOH gmail is the best thing out there. Sure its still in some form of beta but it is used by hundreds of thousands of people... the spam filters are great too :)

I have several Hotmails accounts. Most have been upgraded for awhile, now. One was just upgraded the other day. What was getting on my nerves is everytime I wanted to send an e-mail through Outlook, I would have to log on to my Hotmail account and do the verify thing. I haven't had to do that since the upgrade.