How Big?

HS Nick

Hehe,

How big do your guys think the MySQL database for HostingRefgue is? there are 172 members and just over 7.150 posts.

My guess is around 5MB

I'd guess about that as well.

Of course, compared to your alleged VB database of 400mb that would equal

13760 memberes
572000 posts

Somehow I dont think it could be that much!!!!

Here are the stats from my "alleged" Vb Database :)

Members: 6,156
Threads: 25,139

When i get a chance i will go into PhpmyAdmin and take a screenshot for you.

im croping the screenshot right now. They must have had some other things in it when i transfered it. As it has shranken alot. But its still huge. You will see the size hold on.

Here you go..

database.JPG

But it was over 400MB when i transfered it, believe me it took me forever to transfer it.

Ok since you want to know. I took a look at the tables to see what ones are big. heres the break dow of the big table.

word - 14.2mb
userfield - 13.4mb
searchindex - 82.2mb
post - 69.9mb
Attachment - 46.5mb

I only listed tables over 10MB.

I think thats needed for the search function in vb, without that enabled you couldnt do a search ;)

Nick I hope you asked your customer if you could go through there database hehe :D

Well cPanel isnt allowing access to phpmyadmin at the minute but Im doing the fix now (its a bug) so will edit this post with the db size.
I think its around 8mb for the forum db though.

EDIT: 8 mb :)

Yeah I think it was GC but dont have it open anymore.
Im sure theres something gooooogle but the file is still very small at the minute, maybe something to look into if it gets too big but I have loads of space for the forum to grow now :)