How difficult is it?

lilgina

I have a blog that I want to transfer to my main webpage but not as a blog. How hard would it be to transfer everything from the blog and keep the same design and layout?

Simple method is to open your pages, click File, Save As, save it as an HTML file, then upload back to the site.

That being said, what you're attempting to do is not normally an easy task and will require hand editing of links etc.

I would do this from scratch, just like creating a whole new site, but only now you have the entire content prepared. But that's just me.

I have a blog that I want to transfer to my main webpage but not as a blog. How hard would it be to transfer everything from the blog and keep the same design and layout?

Not as a blog? What will it become after you transfer it? Static content that is no longer easily updated? I'm curious about what exactly you plan to do with it, because if you already have a blog, such as a self hosted Wordpress site, you are also utilizing a lot of other features you will miss out on after transferring it to static pages. A blog is a very helpful tool in SEO, and it also allows you to publish content much faster than you would on a static site.

Just my thoughts.

I am curious about that also. Are you building the main web page/website or do you have an existing one? What about integrating the blog within your main website as a directory?

I have always found that my blog gets indexed into google within an hour or 2 of me posting. My main site however, often takes a day or longer for some bizaar reason, or doesnt get linked in at all.

Definitely stick with the blog design if google ranking is something your needing.

Agreed. Static content is slower to propagate. Blogs are dynamic and as long as you update regularly, they get much more attention.