How do i choose good web hosting company

ladyelizabeth

There are millions of companies on the net who advertise themselves to be the perfect web company, but only few of them are REALLY proficient web hosting companies. In the world of advertising tactics and gimmicks, few good companies get overshadowed by the rest. There is no sure shot way to determine the perfect web hosting company, is it possible to find a good company ?

The best way is to find good reviews on forums - (not owned by web hosts) Like this forum - webhostingchat.com and webhostingtalk.com Or WebHosting review sites, but make sure you do some research on then, just incase they are owned by another hosting company.

I think research is the key here, try to checkout the support at night and see if it is as good as it is during the day. Do not make a decision based on the cost alone as you get what you pay for. You can also refer to a few web hosting directories and web hosting review sites, compare the prices and plans of various host and accordingly make a choice.

Yup, totally agreed with all the above-mentioned points. To add to that, you can probably check on the response time of the hosting company towards your questions. This will show how effcient they are. Do find those provider who has 30-day money back guarantee. However, the most important thing is still for you to read the reviews and experiences by others.

Hi,
Try to scan their websites, their web content, and their site layout.

Compare between the hosting company websites, their features, analyze their costs read their content and then decide which is the best hosting company.

Try to get the opinions of the hosting company you choose from various acquaintance, business associates, friends etc.

While searching for a good hosting company, look for a clean, uncluttered and organized website. Every information should be layered in user-friendly and easy interface.
Drop A Ticket: The web hosting company looks good and reasonably priced but what about their service, their response time ? If they respond fast with satisfactory solution, you have found a reliable web hosting company.

If vailable , go on a free trial: The final test which will determine the reliability of the hosting company.
Bandwidth problems: Some hosting companies support unlimited bandwidth, but for large amount don?t just go for unlimited, fix a bandwidth as per your need as to avoid conflict if any.

Do they help you grow: Your website may be small now, but it may grow tomorrow Clarify these details how they are going to help you when you expand in future.

sudhanuj

Research, Toll Free Number, 24/7 True Support, Uptime, Features. If they offer you 30 Gigs of space and 500 Gigs of bandwidth for $5.00 a month, personally I'd steer clear. I have seen a rash of hosting company’s fail lately because of that type of offer. Severs get over sold, they start crashing, company folds because they are unprepared for growth.

Here's another tip. With the school year ending, you will find a bunch of new companies popping up. End of August, time to go back to school and the company is suddenly gone. We pick up a lot of clients at the end of August each year.

I suggest you ask the host for some client references, and then talk to those clients about the service. Any legit business should be able to provide you with references.