How do you guys pay out the money?

PayPal in majority cases.

Agreed paypal is safe and secure and you dont have to worry about chargebacks.

Paypal, cc, and pretty soon Google Checkout.

I wouldn't if I were you. We lost xx $ from false orders using google checkout. It appears as if they dont check the cc numbers right away instead you can feed them false info the money appears in our account as pending so we accept the order then google cancels it because of a false cc number and we loose our $$ on domain and any hosting he used. Not to mention its a waste of time.

I wouldn't if I were you. We lost xx $ from false orders using google checkout. It appears as if they dont check the cc numbers right away instead you can feed them false info the money appears in our account as pending so we accept the order then google cancels it because of a false cc number and we loose our $$ on domain and any hosting he used. Not to mention its a waste of time.

I was thinking of looking into Google Checkout, but with this mentioned I think I will wait to see more reviews on their system.

I was thinking of looking into Google Checkout, but with this mentioned I think I will wait to see more reviews on their system.

It depends, we use PayPal and 2CO (for CCs) which is much better than processing the CC ourselves and having fraud issues. However even with 2CO this same issue comes up since fraud checks take a couple of hours to process. Luckily most people do not register a domain name and we just mark it as fraud.

My best advice is go with Google Checkout or whatever means of affecting cash you choose and use something like MaxMind BEFORE the transaction is even completed to catch fraudulent users before they can even enter false CC info. MaxMind is cheap, automated and catches about 90% of fraudulent users. The rest get caught by 2CO which is about 1 in 20 sign-ups.

The risk is always there but if you get more business due to Google Checkout or what have you...it can be worth it with some fraud check of your own.

That isn't entirly google's fault. Personally, you should also be checking payments manually. I always checked the IP's, home address and sometimes even called, if I felt it was a large order. It saved me a few times, since I did get a few fraud orders and when I called the CC owner, they never knew their card was even stolen.

If we suspect a fradulent payment, we will call the client just to verify then if it is fradulent we will immediatly cancel the payment and report it.

That isn't entirly google's fault. Personally, you should also be checking payments manually. I always checked the IP's, home address and sometimes even called, if I felt it was a large order. It saved me a few times, since I did get a few fraud orders and when I called the CC owner, they never knew their card was even stolen.

I agree but clients like quick and easy setup.

I use Paypal and soon moneybookers. I find PayPal to be quick, safe and secure. Most people have and prefer to use PayPal and some are requesting MoneyBookers.

paypal and cc (2co), 95% of orders go through paypal and faster to get the money. surprisingly, 60% of orders through 2co are fraud, and thanks to their fraud screening, I never missed 'em. it make me consider to only provide paypal (and cc through paypal)

I currently only use paypal, but I was going to possibily try either 2co, or authorize.net, anyone have any experience with authorize.net?