How do you report spam?

karisegraves

Hello,

When you receive SPAM or get spam messages constantly posted in your guestbooks or other abuse issues.

Do you report them to the relevant ISP or netblock owner? Or do you drop it and forget it?

Does the location of the IP often put you off reporting it?

Your help will be appreciated .

Thanks

In the past I attempted to report spam abuse, but it never helped. I get so little now that I simply delete whatever makes it through. Spam is a cronic problem and it can certainly waste a lot of your resources.

I delete and IP ban..This works as those using proxy networks end up getting the proxy network banned which helps me cut down on spam, fruad, etc...Not to mention their own IP (if they use it).

You'll get hardly genuine comments through guestbook, If you're getting load of spam it is better to have NO Guestbook.

Reporting it is usually not worth the trouble, just deal with it yourself rather then wasting your time and energy reporting it.

It might be easier if your just going to ignore it rather than wasting your time reporting it.you may delete it and Ip ban it.

I get more spam on my blog than anywhere else, but I add more IPs to block first thing every morning. The flow of spam is slowly shrinking.

you can report them at spamcop.net. But, it wont help you that much. The best way is to just delete them and continue your work.

I don't think this will help, becuase too many spam over the world, it is impossible to ask people to stop it :(

First you need to have some verification in the guestbook to prevent automated spams through software. This reduces half of the risk. Then for the manual spammers, nothing else than deleting and banning the IP from your server works to stop the spammers from coming in and trying to spam again.

reCaptcha verification is one of the options that can prevent spam. Also, you can discuss the same with your host, as various hosting companies have their own way to explain and discuss on reporting, blocking spam in the websites they provide hosting for.

Hi.

Banned the ip's in your server from which you are receiving spams and set filter rules at your hosting provider.

Though it is really impossible to stop the spamming in the whole world wide web, but the best thing you do is just to block the IP. Reporting them might help but it wouldn't do as much anyway.

If you run a UTM firewall with some type of filtering it can help a lot. We run a Sonicwall just for email filtering and it does wonders.