how Level3 as a b.w provider?

I have seen a good quality using them, Comcast uses it and I get better pings to the Datacenters that have them ;)

And I think its one of the top global IP owners too

The Top Ten Networks Defined by IP Addressing Control
Rank IP Space ASN Description
1 85,990,619 721 DLA Systems Automation Center
2 44,675,577 3356 Level 3 Communications, LLC
3 34,518,858 701 UUNET Technologies, Inc.
4 32,819,303 7132 SBC Internet Services
5 27,967,615 7018 AT&T WorldNet Services
6 21,661,786 174 Cogent Communications
7 20,890,035 17676 Softbank BB Corp.
8 18,561,735 237 Merit Network Inc.
9 18,001,873 71 Hewlett-Packard Company
10 17,875,993 7474 Optus Communications Pty Ltd

Level3 is numberone in my book. It has to be Level3 blend or pure level 3 bandwidth in order for me to pick a service provider now a days :)

We were previously on Level3 and ended up switching DC's and Backbone's - I have heard great things about Level3 - but, we just had too many issues (this was about a year ago) - they had all sorts of problems setting up an internal loop with our DC (not ours, but the DC we used) - still not sure why this happened - but, left a sour taste in my mouth - either way - I know their backbone is of great quality - So, Im just assuming this was one of those things - bad luck - whatever - dont think its the norm - but, thought it was worth mentioning...

Andrew said:
We were previously on Level3 and ended up switching DC's and Backbone's - I have heard great things about Level3 - but, we just had too many issues (this was about a year ago) - they had all sorts of problems setting up an internal loop with our DC (not ours, but the DC we used) - still not sure why this happened - but, left a sour taste in my mouth - either way - I know their backbone is of great quality - So, Im just assuming this was one of those things - bad luck - whatever - dont think its the norm - but, thought it was worth mentioning...

Maybe your datacenter messed it up?

Hi Francisco - you may be right - but - I think they both were both responsible - either way - it was only a minor inconvenience - both the DC and the backbone provider are reputable - so, Im assuming it was a fluke occurance and moved on :)

Andrew said:
Hi Francisco - you may be right - but - I think they both were both responsible - either way - it was only a minor inconvenience - both the DC and the backbone provider are reputable - so, Im assuming it was a fluke occurance and moved on :)

Oh, I understand. I would have made the same thing too.

We use L3 for one of our DS3 and we have had no problems.

They are a bit pricier than XO, but I assume that is because XO went bankrupt and is trying to get back their customer base.

You can't go wrong with L3.

Level 3: Their bandwidth is the best quality for connectivity within the U.S. we've had nothing but a great experience with them.

Another winner is Global Crossing. They have excellent connectivity abroad, especially to South America.

Level 3: Their bandwidth is the best quality for connectivity within the U.S. we've had nothing but a great experience with them.

Another winner is Global Crossing. They have excellent connectivity abroad, especially to South America.

we just dumped global crossing due to ongoing sever packet loss.

I hope they will figure it out eventually. it was horrible.

we dumped level 3 2 years ago for the same reason when they were making all their network upgrades and changes and the ongoing packet loss through atlanta was unbearable for months.

you can get as good or better connectivity to south america through any of the big telcos - like sprint / qwest / att / verizon

we are going to add them back 2/1 so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are stable now.