How long is reasonable for deployment?

morph

What do you think in a reasonable amount of time to deploy a dedicated server? Assuming the server is built to order.

Sort of depends on the datacenter and the provider. If your DC is a cage in a much larger facility, it might take a while. It also depends on your provider's change management processes (if there are any).

As a point of reference, I have gear racked that I can deploy in an hour or less but as soon as there is some kind of hardware customization, some specific software requirement, or if I'm sold out at the moment, those factors change the picture pretty quickly and the customer needs to decide if they want it done now or if they want it done right.

Hello,

usualy it can take less than 1 buisness day after the payment confirmation. But it can also take up to 5 days... everything depends of what kind of hardware configuration you request in your order.

What do you think in a reasonable amount of time to deploy a dedicated server? Assuming the server is built to order.

3 business days, assuming it is a standard BTO. If it is more custom, 1 week.

Keep in mind, we spend a great deal of time testing components and leave extra time in there in case parts that come in are bad, and that does happen from time to time.

In stock, same day, most times or next.
BTO 3 days
Custom 1 week

You want it faster, rush charges, maybe 2 days.

I've been doing this almost 20 years now.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we spend a lot of time doing fraud checks as well. That is why things are usually not provisioned instantly.

Quality takes time...

1 to 3 business day, now some dedicated server companies run vitalization on the didi servers so it's like a vps, but true dedicated servers need time to build out, some companies have servers on hand for deployment but there is an overhead cost for that to the company pass on to you, most of the time is spent in verifying the payment and getting the funds cleared. Hope this helps.

It varies host to host. Some providers may be backed up on other work they have to finish before they can get to getting your server set up.

Typically I'd think a 48hr period of time to set up a server should be acceptable, otherwise anything longer of course the host should contact you and let you know whats going on and why it'll take longer.

I wouldn't be mad if it took 72hrs or a week as long as the provider lets me(clent) know whats going on and the ideal time when the server should be ready then I don't see any issues. if there was one its as easy as asking for a refund and purchasing a server from else where.

I think it is important to READ the fine print as well. We for one list our LEAD TIME on our website and spell out very clearly how long it will take.

It really depends on what you are ordering. For systems that are in stock and are receiving standard upgrades (RAM, Disks, RAID Controllers) we quote a delivery time of within 24 hours but regularly deploy within 2-4 hours.

For totally custom systems such a storage arrays or other special builds it depends on how quickly our vendors can deliver the products. We usually will get rush delivery on anything not in stock which a customer is looking to get online asap.

If it is a stock bare-metal server, I'd say a couple of hours (and at maximum within 24 hours). If it is a custom order (special formatting instructions, software installations, parts not in stock etc) anywhere from 1-5 business days would be reasonable depending on the work that needs to be done. It is important to keep the client informed during the process, though. Not just take their order and go silent for 5 days, they might get anxious and cancel.

a server can be deployed instantly if in stock and automatic deployment is set correctly in the order process.
then if you have order a control panel like cPanel you are talking 4 hrs minimum to have this installed and configured

Depending on provider 12 to 24 hours. this all hinges when contract is signed and approved and first month payment has gone through.

People, can't you read?

He asked about the server that is built to order, not the one provider has in stock already. Our in-stock offers can be activated in less than an hour after payment but custom built servers are

Can anybody grant 12 hours delivery of components?

72 hours at best. some components may even take a week to be delivered - because you cannot have a pile of equipment lying in your DCs, waiting for someone to order. You contact manufacturer, pay for order, order delivery, package is delivered and installed on sight - and all this in 12 hours? You must be joking....

Depending on the specs, we can have a dedicated server launched within 3-6 hours. Every one is custom made, including the loading of the OS.

Depends upon the hardware requirement and its proper deployment. In such cases it can take atleast a week or sometimes more than that if hardware issue arises.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Web_Host44