How long is your personal computer's uptime?

ssluser

What is the "uptime" on your personal computer (either your desktop or laptop)?

Mine is 2 days and a few hours above it.

I've never kept track. If you don't count restarts from Microsoft Updates, mine have been on for months

I've at the most left it on for a week. Other than that daily shutdowns when I go to bed. My laptop sleeps most of the time so maybe a month on the laptop.

I've actually started shutting down my workstation here nightly, but at home just turn the monitors off at night - and restart periodically - maybe once a week.

A personal advice would be try to save electricity by shutting down the workstations when not at use..

No Offense..

This is for the good will for all of us :thumbup:

That may be good advice, especially when our electric provider is asking for another 18% hike in fees this year again. Unfortunately, I run security cameras across the Internet, so shutting them down is not possible.

I've got a windows 98 computer upstairs that hasn't been off since August, but thats more because it also doubles as a server.

My main PC is easily on for a week or two in one hit.

I think the last time this machine was turned off, was right when I took it out of the box when I purchased it.
Mine stay running until they crash or die, or receive some type of upgrade that would require the machine to restart or be powered off.

I used to turn my stuff off nightly, way back in the day. I don't know if its just better quality stuff these days or what, but I used to have a lot of hardware issues and whatnot when turning the machine off and on frequently. I think that if you let them run and run and run, it may actually be a benefit.

I sometimes use "suspend" if I leave the computer for a short while, but otherwise I just turn it off. Why waste the energy?

i never have/will leave it on, i turn it on when i need it and turn it off when i dont, but i heard a while backsomebody had left it on for about a year, wonder what this would do to the pc perfomance