How many domains are registered under .xxx?

Grabahost

I saw on Go Daddy that .xxx extension is already available. I am curious about how many domains registered under the extension are. Is there any way to find this out?

I don't think there is. But as per the articles that I read so far regarding it, I think there are a lot of them.

.xxx domain is very expensive, it costs around 100$. So there are no so much registrations of that extension.

.xxx domain is very expensive, it costs around 100$. So there are no so much registrations of that extension.

Really? Wow, I was not aware of the price. That is pretty expensive. I think only those who are serious about entering adult industry would register domain names under the extension.

Really? Wow, I was not aware of the price. That is pretty expensive. I think only those who are serious about entering adult industry would register domain names under the extension.

Only those involved in the adult industry can use a .xxx domain anyway - registrations outside of the industry are for "brand protection" only

Yeah, they are really expensive because adult entertaining industry earns huge amount of profits with those kind of websites. :D

What company will register its brand as .xxx for brand protection ? I think it's useless.

Well lets for example consider you are general electric. An exploiter of adult websites at some point decides to do something with your brand name and brand associations. Lets leave the matter if this is legal or not aside. Maybe the exploiter would even publish content in a corporate setting.

First of all this would be kinda weird for GE's employees and second of all I don't think a company with a respected and established brand wants people to have other associations with the brand other then the ones they advertise for. In the case of such big established company I would not be surprised that they immediately registered ge.xxx and generalelectric.xxx and just leave the page blank or reserved.

Well lets for example consider you are general electric. An exploiter of adult websites at some point decides to do something with your brand name and brand associations. Lets leave the matter if this is legal or not aside. Maybe the exploiter would even publish content in a corporate setting.

First of all this would be kinda weird for GE's employees and second of all I don't think a company with a respected and established brand wants people to have other associations with the brand other then the ones they advertise for. In the case of such big established company I would not be surprised that they immediately registered ge.xxx and generalelectric.xxx and just leave the page blank or reserved.

I think that makes sense. I am pretty sure that Google and Microsoft have bought google.xxx and microsoft.xxx respectively. I am not interested in registering a domain name under the TLD myself.